MPR1 - UPR3
29th Sep 2023
MPR1 – UPR3 (please note that the salary advertised is based on 2022 pay rates pending confirmation of the 2023 6.5% pay award. Pele Trust does adopt School Teacher Pay and Conditions.
The Academy Committee at Belsay Primary School are looking to appoint an inspirational year 5/6 class teacher; someone who shares the vision and ethos of our school and Trust, and is committed to continuing our journey towards excellence.
The pupils at Belsay Primary make our school special; they are delightfully enthusiastic, talented and motivated to do well. We believe that every child is unique and valuable with a range of gifts and talents to be nurtured and celebrated; we want the best for them.
This is a highly attractive role, available from January 2024, and an exciting opportunity to lead a class of wonderful students. You will be supported by a committed headteacher and staff body; work closely with a knowledgeable Academy Committee; and benefit from the support of parents who are invested in their child’s education.
Belsay Primary School is part of Pele Trust and that in itself brings a wealth of opportunities for personal development and collaboration across our primary schools. Aspiring leaders undertake National Professional Qualifications such as NPQH and NPQSL and all colleagues can access training relevant to specific needs and job role.
Our bespoke programme of Peer Reviews and middle leader placements offers a unique opportunity for teaching colleagues to develop and share their skills and expertise and all colleagues in all schools undertake an action research project as part of the appraisal process.
The role is best suited to someone who:
• Is passionate about giving children the best possible start in life
• Is an excellent teacher with high expectations for all
• Is enthusiastic, highly organised, motivated, energetic and creative.
• Is a positive role model for all of our pupils and uphold the school and Trust values
• Can work as a member of a team to improve outcomes for children across all year groups
• Can be part of a welcoming and supportive team of staff, parents and Pele Trust colleagues
• Can support the development of new skills and ideas in themselves and others
• Is prepared to fully embrace the unique challenges of working in a small, rural school
We are looking for someone who has:
• High expectations for self, pupils and others
• Excellent knowledge of the primary years curriculum requirements, ideally with the ability to take a leading role in subject development and coordination
• Personal drive to be an outstanding teacher with a desire to make learning exciting, memorable and enjoyable.
• A commitment to the whole life of the school, including the provision of extra-curricular activities.
• Experience of teaching and developing curriculum for mixed aged classes (desired but not essential)
Candidates with a SENDCo qualification or experience of acting as SENDCo will be of particular interest.
For enquiries about the role, or if you wish to arrange a visit, please contact Mr Craig Shaw, Headteacher by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications, along with a cover letter of no more than 2 A4 pages, should be sent to Claire Leightley at email@example.com
The closing date for this post is 12.00 (midday) on Friday 29 September 2023 with interviews scheduled to take place on 6 October 2023.
Belsay is a small school with big ambitions. We believe that every child is unique and valuable and has a range of gifts and talents to be nurtured and celebrated. There is a driving determination to ensure that children achieve their full potential, and are the best versions of themselves that they can be.Visit School Website