Head of PE
Term term only
27th Feb 2024
• Contribute effectively to the work of the school and to the achievement of the ‘School Improvement Priorities’.
• Play a full part in the life of the school community, to support our distinctive aims and ethos, to encourage staff and students to follow this example.
• Follow school policy regarding care, support and supervision of students.
• Attend training and development activities and courses, ensuring continuing, personal and professional development.
• Contribute to a welcoming school culture by promoting mutual respect for all.
• Comply with any reasonable request from a leader to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
• Work as a team member.
• Act as a role model to students in speech, dress, behaviour and attitude.
• Have common duties in the areas of: Quality Assurance, Communication, Professional Practice, Health & Safety, and General Management (where applicable), Financial Management (where applicable), Appraisal, Equality & Diversity, Confidentiality and Induction.
Duties and Responsibilities for all Teaching Staff:
All teaching staff will:
• Work within the National Conditions for Employment of School Teachers (STPCD).
• Uphold and observe the Professional Code for Teachers (GTC) and meet the National Standards for Qualified Teachers.
• Promote the school’s stated ethos and support the school’s policies in student leadership and Management.
• Support and encourage colleagues at all levels within the school.
• Contribute to and implement the annual School Improvement Plan and agreed policies.
• Teach as directed throughout the school, subject to appropriate training.
• Expect, monitor and improve progress in student learning.
• Contribute to the personal and social development of all students.
• Participate in the pastoral management and delivery of the schools Personal Social Health Citizenship and Enterprise Education programme (PSHCEE) as requested.
• Take part in quality assurance and performance management procedures outlined in an agreed school policy.
• Take responsibility for personal development.
• Take full responsibility for ensuring a scheme of work is delivered to students in their allocated classes.
• Plan lessons using a range of strategies to meet student’s individual learning needs understood from attainment and supporting data.
• Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of their subject, its teaching and place in the National Curriculum and that of the school.
• Use the models set out in School Policies for delivery of lessons.
• Set homework according to school and department policies.
• Mark, assess record and report on student’s achievements, setting appropriate targets. Keep to deadlines for reporting, marking, submission of coursework and assignments.
• Prepare students for examinations when required, taking part in standardising and moderating activities required by departments and examination boards.
• Contribute to the development of schemes of work, school and department policies as appropriate.
• Attend and contribute to appropriate meetings and professional development activities.
• Take an active part in the school’s self-evaluation process, including the completion of appropriate documentation, and contribute to this process within the subject area.
• Undertake whatever other duties might reasonably be requested by the Head Teacher or Subject Leader.