Head of Junior School – (Nursery to Year 6)
Newcastle High School for Girls
Salary starting from - £72,369
26th Feb 2024
Newcastle High School for Girls, Junior School, Sandyford Road, Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 1TA
Permanent – Full-time, full-year Required from September 2024
The GDST has its own salary scale with remuneration for Heads of Junior School
Salary starting from – £72,369
Pension – New employees to GDST will have membership of GDST Flexible Pension Plan
The application process must be completed by our online portal. Please click on link below:
If you have difficulties using the above link, please copy and paste into the web browser or alternatively, please visit www.gdst.net and our careers page on the school website.
Newcastle High School for Girls (NHSG) has an exciting opportunity for an inspirational and confident leader to take on the Headship of our outstanding Junior School from September 2024.
EYFS and Junior School at NHSG is a vibrant and dynamic community where girls enjoy learning and develop skills for the future. The next Head of Junior School at Newcastle High School for Girls GDST will be expected to build on Junior School’s outstanding reputation and primary-age educational provision. A visionary and forward-looking approach and a strong belief in the value of girls’ education are therefore essential.
Working under the direction of the Whole School Head, (we are a 3-18, through school) the post-holder will be expected to contribute to the sharing of educational innovation and ideas across the GDST network.
We are looking for a Head of Junior School who is:
- An inspirational leader with significant experience in Junior School leadership.
- An outstanding educator who recognises the features of exceptional learning, both inside and outside the classroom.
- A champion of girls-only education.
We also offer a package of wider benefits listed below: –
- Competitive rate of pay and conditions.
- Membership of the GDST Flexible Pension Plan.
- Access to the extensive GDST central training and development programme.
- Training grants for obtaining further qualifications.
- Discounted fees for children at GDST schools.
- Free lunches and refreshments provided during term time.
- Free parking available for school staff.
- Access to retail discounts via the Pluxee App.
- Access to free financial advice via the HR My Money App.
- Interest free loans for travel season tickets and personal computer equipment.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- A great working environment, atmosphere and location.
Closing date: Monday 26th February 2024 (12 noon). Interviews will take place on Monday 4th March 2024. Applicants must be available for an in-person interview on this date.
The NHSG and GDST is committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included.
NHSG and GDST are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, online searches and the DBS. Applications will be considered only from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK.
Newcastle High School for Girls
Newcastle High School for Girls is one of the North East’s leading independent girls’ day schools. Founded in 2014 following the merger of two very long standing predecessor schools, NHSG is a state-of-the-art, modern school with a tradition and history stemming back almost 150 years.
We are an all through school (ages 3-18) with around 250 girls in the Junior School and 450 in the Senior School, including 150 in the Sixth Form, who, together with around 150 staff, make up a friendly and welcoming community.
The Junior and Senior Schools occupy their own separate campuses around a mile apart and the role will require working at both locations. Our two campuses are situated within the suburban, leafy, areas of Jesmond and Sandyford, both with excellent transport links to the Tyne & Wear Metro and bus services from across the region.Visit School Website