Year 1 Teacher
NEAT Academy Trust
Main/Upper Pay Range £30,000 - £46,525 per annum
19th Nov 2023
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly skilled Year 1 Teacher to join Whitehouse Primary School on a fixed term contract until 31st August 2024. You will be responsible for establishing a positive and purposeful environment for our learners, helping to develop positive relationships whilst effectively managing behaviour.
You will be able to deliver high quality teaching and learning, setting realistic and challenging targets that ensure all pupils make good progress to reach their full potential. We are looking for someone who:
- Can inspire and motivate pupils, parents/carers and colleagues.
- Has drive and ability to secure excellent progress and attainment.
- Is committed to their own professional development.
- Has strong interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Can develop a strong partnership with parents and carers.
Whitehouse Primary School are at an exciting stage of their journey as they prepare to join the NEAT Academy Trust family of schools. At the heart of our trust is the aim to nurture, educate, achieve and transform the lives of all young people within the communities we serve across the North East. We have a national research school, which aims to build and strengthen networks of schools throughout the region and help them access effective education research and implement it in everyday practice.
At Whitehouse Primary School, every child is valued, cared for and encouraged to reach their potential in an atmosphere of warmth, creativity, challenge and support. Our vision is to be a community which offers the best possible education for all our pupils, because if our children are happy, they will learn, thrive and grow.
In return we offer:
- Great opportunities for continuing professional development and a career pathway across the trust.
- A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued.
- The benefit of working in a highly collaborative multi academy trust.
- Membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme which the trust also contributes to on your behalf.
- Recognition of previous service with other schools, academies, local government etc.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), delivered by Health Assured – the UK and Irelands leading wellbeing provider.
- Good public transport links via Tyne and Wear Metro and road links from the A19 and A1058 Coast Road.
Interested? If you would like to join us and feel you could thrive here, then please read the accompanying Job Description and Person Specification, visit https://www.northeastjobs.org.uk/job/Year_1_Teacher/253651 and complete an application form by clicking ‘apply now’ no later than midnight on Sunday 19th November.
If you would like to arrange a visit to Whitehouse Primary School, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that this can be arranged. Please note that interviews are scheduled to take place on Friday 24th November.
NEAT is committed to safer recruitment practice and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a satisfactory Enhanced DBS from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required as part of pre-employment checks. For shortlisted candidates, we will conduct an online search as part of our screening.
NEAT Academy Trust
NEAT Academy Trust, usually known as NEAT, was formed in 2017 from an existing collaboration of schools within North East England.
Academy trusts are charitable companies set up to provide education for the public benefit. We are a “mixed” multi-academy trust as we were established to include both non-faith and Church of England schools.Visit School Website