Trust Primary School Improvement Adviser – Mathematics
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust
L14 - L18 (£61,042 - £67,351 per annum)
Location: Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education HQ, Barmston Court, Turbine Business Park, Nissan Way, Washington, SR5 3NY
Grade: L14 – L18 (£61,042 – £67,351 per annum)
Hours: Permanent, Full Time
We are a family of secondary, middle, primary and first schools in Durham, Gateshead, Northumberland and Sunderland. Bishop Wilkinson is the largest Catholic education trust in the North East of England and will have a total of 48 schools. This is an exciting time to join our supportive, and growing team.
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust is seeking to appoint a well-qualified and highly skilled educator as a Primary School Mathematics Adviser who will bring enthusiasm, drive and expertise to help lead school improvement through the next stage of our exciting development.
Accountable to the Trust Board and working with the Chief Executive Officer, Executive Team and the Directors of the Trust, the successful candidate will advise the primary schools on all aspects of primary mathematics. This will include ensuring standards are high in our schools and leading school improvement strategies across the schools. The adviser will report to the CEO and Board to enable them to meet their accountabilities and responsibilities, ensuring that all requirements of the Department for Education (DfE), Ofsted and Regional Schools Commission (RSC) are met. The successful candidate will ideally have experience of school improvement across more than one schools.
As part of this role the post holder will work closely with Executive Team and primary school leaders in the Trust to ensure continual improvement, including ensuring that the schools comply with their statutory obligations.
We are seeking an individual to:
- Work with the Deputy CEO and the Senior Director for Performance and Standards to develop an improvement strategy for mathematics across the Trust’s primary schools.
- Lead on the design of curriculum provision across the primary age range, particularly in mathematics.
- Play a leading and highly visible role in the improvement of mathematics including, where appropriate, modelling the highest standards of teaching, learning and assessment to secure educational excellence.
- Foster and facilitate collaboration to ensure that the best practice is shared across Trust schools.
- Work with the Trust’s Centre for Teaching to develop, deliver and broker professional development for subject leaders and staff at all levels of the Trust, including assuring the quality of school-to-school support.
- Coach and support subject leaders across the Trust to develop an expert workforce.
- Support schools to nurture potential among staff to grow capacity in advance of need, developing a future supply of subject leaders for Trust schools.
- Support the Senior Director for Performance and Standards with the monitoring, evaluation and review of standards and provision across the Trust.
- Contribute to the development of the Trust’s school improvement strategy.
- Keep abreast of educational developments, including evidence-led best practice nationally, to ensure the Trust is at the forefront of curriculum design and delivery.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrable experience of successfully leading major change to achieve school improvement.
- Demonstrable experience of highly effective teaching and leadership.
- Experience of coaching, mentoring, and challenging senior members of staff to secure improvement.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills to build productive relationships with all stakeholders.
For an application form and further details about this vacancy please visit our website http://bwcet.com/vacancies/ where applications can be completed online.
Closing date: Sunday 26th February 2023
Shortlisting: Monday 27th February 2023
Interview date: TBC
The Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, formerly The Trinity Catholic Multi Academy Trust was set up on 1 February 2012. Cardinal Hume Catholic School, Gateshead was the first school in the trust.
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, is currently a family of 5 secondary schools and 21 primary schools from across Gateshead, Sunderland, Durham and Northumberland, in the west of the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle. The Trust is expanding rapidly and will reach a total of 48 schools by Summer 2022.
We feel very privileged to be able to work with our wonderful children and the amazingly gifted and dedicated staff and leaders across all of our schools. Our motivation and general philosophy are built on ever improving standards of discipline, nurture and care, teaching and learning and quality of leadership. Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust will be a partnership that affirms the dignity of the individual. The person is at the heart of Christ’s teaching: this is why the promotion of the human person is the goal of our Trust.Visit School Website