Grade 5 - £20,590 - £21,670
Full Time - 193 Day contract
9th Feb 2024
We are seeking to appoint a Technology Technician to work across all subjects offered within our Design and Technology Department. The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for ordering and preparing of resources and equipment required for lessons and ensuring the highest standards of safety and hygiene are maintained.
The Technician will be required to provide technical support for teaching colleagues both in lessons and in learning opportunities outside of the core timetable including a wide range of extracurricular and reward activities.
This role would suit a motivated person who is skilled at managing a busy workload. The core purpose of the role is to uphold our fundamental standards of pride, respect and achievement with all stakeholders and in doing so will ensure high standards of support is available.
The Technology Technician will be responsible for:
- Providing support to students and staff during lessons – assisting teaching staff with demonstration lessons and practicals, helping to create an engaging and purposeful learning environment and supporting students to make progress
- Ordering of resources – collating and placing orders based on lesson plans
- Stock control – ensuring deliveries are checked and stored appropriately and effectively monitoring stock rotation to avoid waste
- Preparation of lesson plans and resources – assisting with the development of lesson plans and creating resources for the department including demonstration examples for lessons, displays and photocopying
- Preparation for practical lessons – ensuring ingredients/resources and equipment are prepared and set up according to lesson plans
- Maintaining a safe, hygienic & organised environment – ensuring equipment, storage and preparation areas are well maintained in accordance with health and safety legislation. Where applicable, maintaining a supply of clean laundry and an adequate supply of cleaning products for use during lessons. Making arrangements for the repair and maintenance of equipment as necessary
The successful candidate will work as part of a wider team of three Technology Technicians and will be required to provide support for all technology subjects including Food Technology, Resistant Materials, Textiles and 3D Design.
We welcome candidates with experience in all disciplines, however food and resistant materials are of particular interest. This is a hands-on role and requires some manual working including the preparation of resources, washing up and some cleaning.
Burnside College is a good school, with outstanding sixth form provision. We put teaching and learning first and are committed to providing a high quality and inclusive learning experience for all. Furthermore, we are committed to the development of staff and you will be joining a supportive school with an excellent environment in which to continue your professional development.
If you would like any further information, or to discuss this role in more detail, please contact Mrs T Goodwin firstname.lastname@example.org
|Application Pack – Technology Technician
|Application Form – Technology Technician
Supporting documentsApplication Form
Other Supporting Documents:Application Pack - Technology Technician
At Burnside our aim is simple, to be the best that we can be, both as individuals and as a community. We all work together to make our college the best it can be and share decisions about how to reach our potential. We believe in the strength and consistency of our three core values: pride, respect and achievement.
Pride: we take pride in all that we do, our work, the way that we present ourselves, and our actions.
Respect: we respect the thoughts, beliefs and personal qualities of those around us and act with kindness and tolerance, treating one another in a way that accepts that we are individuals and have separate thoughts, feelings and needs.
Achievement: we are resilient and determined; we don’t give up when we encounter problems we always try our best. We seek to be the best we can both personally and academically