Technology Teacher – Fixed term until August 2023
£28,000 - £43,685
Do you want to work in a successful school, as part of a progressive and energetic Technology team? Are you unapologetically passionate about teaching your specialist subject?
We seek to appoint a teacher of Technology to teach students across the KS3-KS4 age range. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with our skilled IT, Business and Technology teaching team who are committed to ensuring our students both enjoy and succeed in their studies.
Specific details regarding the role and skills and qualities that the successful candidate will need to demonstrate are in the attached job description and person specification. A summary of key information is detailed below. We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about the teaching of technology and supporting students in developing their knowledge and skills.
- Is committed to personal development and open to sharing ideas and continuing to develop their own practice.
- Understands the importance of strong behaviour management and that developing positive relationships with children is fundamental to their role.
- Understands and values the use of restorative practices.
- Is determined to make a positive difference in the lives of young people.
- Is supportive of our inclusive and diverse nature as a school where differences are celebrated.
Our aim is to ensure every young person is the best they can be and whilst we have already achieved much in achieving our goal, we recognise that there is so much more we can do. We are proud of our good reputation within the region and positive feedback we receive from students, parents, staff and external organisations such as Ofsted.
Applications should be submitted by 9am on 21st December, however in recognition of this being a highly competitive subject area, we intend to interview strong candidates as soon as they apply. You are therefore encouraged to apply before the deadline date. To apply please go the TES via the following link https://www.tes.com/jobs/vacancy/teacher-of-technology-fixed-term-until-august-2023-gateshead-1749387
We welcome visits to the school. Please contact Simon Alexander if you wish to arrange a time to see the school.
Whickham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and young people. We have a robust Safeguarding Policy and all staff will receive training relevant to their role at induction and throughout employment with the school. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service criminal records check for work with children.
Supporting documentsJob description Person specification
Whickham School is a large and successful school in Gateshead with over 1700 students including approximately 350 in our high performing sixth form.Visit School Website