St Stephens RC Primary School
£20,420 - £21,114 (including term time pro rata)
1st Dec 2023
The governing body is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic teaching assistant who will make a significant contribution to the life of the school, following and promoting the Catholic ethos.
We are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant who:
- would help to create stimulating learning environments, both indoor and outdoor
- will understand the value of play and how to facilitate this between children of primary age, both in and outside of the classroom
- can demonstrate excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and can model effective methodology and practice in order to support and inspire pupils’ learning
- is able to utilise technology effectively to help further pupils’ learning and to support primary curriculum delivery
- is committed to promoting high standards of care and education
- can maintain confidentiality and discretion and has a good understanding of safeguarding procedures
- is conscientious and demonstrates a commitment to their professional development.
We are really looking to appoint someone who is passionate about primary education and would like to work in a vibrant and forward-thinking school setting. The post-holder will work alongside a large team to support the planning, observation and extension of children’s learning.
We can offer:
- lively and enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
- friendly and supportive staff, parents and governors
- extensive support and opportunities for professional development in a range of areas
- access to experienced staff who can support your ongoing development
Entry requirements include:
- GCSE or other level 2 qualification in English and mathematics
- Be able to demonstrate competencies in written and spoken language
The Governing Body and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Visits to school are welcome and can be organised by contacting Miss F. Celardi, our School Business Manager. Our online video prospectus is available to view at: https://www.ststephensprimaryschool.co.uk/welcome/.
Closing date for applications is Friday 1st December and interviews are to be held thereafter. Application packs can be downloaded from our school website.