Newcastle High School for Girls
£22,795 - £27,681; Pro rata £19,099 - £23,192
36 hours per week, Mon – Fri, 8.00 am – 4.00 pm – 186 days per year
28th Jun 2023
Full-time (8am-4pm), Term time only (plus approx 10 days during school holiday periods, 186 days/37.2 weeks per annum)
Based at our Junior School (Nursery to Year 6) in Sandyford Park, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 1TA
Salary: FTE – £22,795 – £27,681; Pro rata £19,099 – £23,192
Required from 30th August 2023.
The application process must be completed by our online portal. Please click on link below: –
We wish to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Teaching Assistant to join our team at Junior School. This is an opportunity to work for the leading school for girls in the North of England which is part of the Girls’ Day School Trust (GDST) – the largest network of independent girls’ schools in the UK. The successful candidate will support class teachers in encouraging pupils in their learning and in the acquisition of skills. The role involves ensuring that all pupils are appropriately supported in their learning, be it academic, practical, behaviour or social, by adopting intervention strategies as directed by the class teacher. The role also includes preparing appropriate resources for lessons and accompanying teachers and pupils on educational visits. A willingness to contribute to the wider life of the School is essential, including supporting our holiday club provision during school holidays.
- Competitive rate of pay and conditions.
- Membership of the GDST Flexible Pension Plan.
- Access to the extensive GDST central training and development programme.
- Training grants for obtaining further qualifications.
- Discounted fees for children at GDST schools.
- Free lunches and refreshments provided to all staff during term time.
- Free parking available for school staff.
- Season Ticket Loans: Interest free loans for travel are available to staff to enable them to buy annual season tickets.
- Computer Loans: Interest free loans are available to staff to enable them to buy a computer for personal use at home.
- Cycle Scheme: The School is part of the scheme which enables staff to purchase bicycles and equipment at a tax advantageous rate and pay for the equipment over 12 months.
- A great working environment, atmosphere and location.
Closing date: Wednesday 28th June 2023 (12 noon) but early applications are welcomed. Interviews will be arranged for Wednesday 5th July 2023 and you must be available on this date.
The NHSG and GDST is committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included.
NHSG and GDST are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, online searches and the DBS. Applications will be considered only from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK.
Newcastle High School for Girls
Newcastle High School for Girls is one of the North East’s leading independent girls’ day schools. Founded in 2014 following the merger of two very long standing predecessor schools, NHSG is a state-of-the-art, modern school with a tradition and history stemming back almost 150 years.
We are an all through school (ages 3-18) with around 250 girls in the Junior School and 450 in the Senior School, including 150 in the Sixth Form, who, together with around 150 staff, make up a friendly and welcoming community.
The Junior and Senior Schools occupy their own separate campuses around a mile apart and the role will require working at both locations. Our two campuses are situated within the suburban, leafy, areas of Jesmond and Sandyford, both with excellent transport links to the Tyne & Wear Metro and bus services from across the region.Visit School Website