Teacher of Science – Maternity Cover
Discover Learning Trust
8th Feb 2024
SCHOOL Oxclose Community Academy
Address Dilston Close, Oxclose, NE38 0LN
Tel: (0191) 4195120
Fax: (0191) 4195121
Headteacher: Mrs P Hegarty
Number on Roll: 1112
Position Teacher of Science – Maternity Cover
Oxclose is a school that grows from strength to strength. Staff feel supported and believe they receive support and development needed. All staff are happy to work at the school.” (Ofsted January 2020)
We seek from June 2024 an enthusiastic teacher, who is passionate about Science. A teacher who has the ability to motivate students through creative and dynamic teaching within a large friendly and supportive Science department.
You would join our very successful Science department in June who are all passionate about delivering a high quality engaging science curriculum incorporating all areas of Biology, Chemistry and Physics to our pupils in both Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4.
The science department has excellent facilities with well-equipped modern laboratories. This role would suit an NQT or experienced teacher. All specialisms welcome.
Oxclose Community Academy is a successful and heavily over-subscribed mixed, 11-16 school constantly in the top schools in Sunderland & Washington.
If you would like an application pack please contact Laura Fittes on Fittes.firstname.lastname@example.org or information about the department please contact the head of science Natalie Hewitt on Hewitt.email@example.com
Closing Date: Noon – Thursday 8th February 2024
Interview Date: Friday 16th February 2024
Supporting documentsApplication Form
Other Supporting Documents:Teacher of Science: Maternity Cover - Advert Teacher of Science: Maternity Cover - Job Description Teacher of Science: Maternity Cover - Person Specification
Discover Learning Trust
The Discover Learning Trust
The Discover Learning Trust, a Multi Academy Trust, was established in 2013, following the sponsorship of Oxclose Village Primary School by Oxclose Community Academy. The Trust is responsible for the operation of two schools – Oxclose Primary Academy and Oxclose Community Academy (Secondary 11-16) in Washington, part of the City of Sunderland, Tyne and Wear. A unique feature of both schools is that we manage the physical and medical special needs specialist provision for Sunderland.
- To make a difference to our young people regardless of background
- To provide the skills and knowledge for all our young people to succeed in education, employment and life
- To be recognised as a first class inclusive, community based centre of academic excellence
- We serve, support and challenge our local communities with high aspirations for all in an inclusive, child centred culture
- We safeguard all members of our school communities
- We promote a culture of opportunity, tolerance, respect and care
- We aim to fulfil the potential of every individual
- We provide personalised academic opportunities through our broad curriculum provision to ensure success for all
- We provide the skills, knowledge and attitudes for all our young people to progress confidently and become successful, global citizens
- Inclusivity – Equal opportunity for everyone. Everyone is important
- Integrity – Everyone does the right thing
- Innovation – Everyone has the opportunity to be creative in their work
- Aspiration – Everyone is encouraged to be the best they can be
- Accountability – Everyone is responsible
- Resilient – Everyone is encouraged to develop strength of character