Teacher of Science
Our Lady and St Bede
Our Lady & St Bede Catholic Academy and the Directors of Carmel Education Trust wish to appoint an excellent Science teacher to join Our Lady & St Bede. The role may appeal to candidates seeking their first teaching post or, equally, to recently qualified or more experienced teachers, looking to develop in a school which is totally committed to Science.
The successful candidate will have:
- An excellent track record as a classroom teacher.
- A passion for providing the best possible holistic education for all pupils.
- The vision, energy and creativity to contribute to the department in the next phase in its development.
- A teacher with a strong commitment to understanding and promoting the school’s Catholic ethos.
We can offer:
- A Catholic school that has a clear mission and strong tradition dating back to before 1850.
- A vibrant, well run, ambitious and caring school.
- A school where staff enjoy coming to work and are able to maintain a work-life balance.
- A professional climate where all staff are valued, listened to and who are able to fully use our gifts and talents.
- An excellent behaviour climate where staff can teach free from disruption.
- Most importantly, fantastic pupils who are hardworking, display great humility and appreciate the effort of adults who work on their behalf.
- A school which is part of the Carmel Education Trust: a group of secondary & priamry schools, all working together as one to provide exceptional levels of expertise and support.
- A rapidly expanding school, c. 900 pupils admitted in September 2018, increasing to c.1000 in 2019.
- A £5m building expansion programme.
- An Ofsted (January 18) and Diocesan (November 17) rated ‘Outstanding’ School in every area.
We are passionate about our school and want to fill it with staff who share the same passion, values and drive. You would be warmly welcomed to our school at any time, to see and feel what Our Lady & St Bede is like on a typical day and to ask any questions you may have on an informal basis. Please contact the Headteacher’s P.A.: Mrs Johanna Smurthwaite: firstname.lastname@example.org
For an application form, please e-mail Mrs Johanna Smurthwaite: email@example.com or Tel: 01642 704970. Closing date: Friday 25th January 2019, 9:00am.
Supporting documentsApplication Form
Other Supporting Documents:Job Advert: Teacher of Science JD & Person Spec: Teacher of Science
Our Lady and St Bede
Our Lady and St Bede in Stockton-on-Tees is smaller than the average-sized secondary school. The proportion of students known to be eligible for support through the Pupil Premium is above the national average. The school is a sponsored academy and is judged by Ofsted as Oustanding. The Academy joined the Trust in February 2015.Visit School Website