Teacher of Science – 1 Day
Discover Learning Trust
14th Feb 2024
Position: Teacher of Science
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Hours Per Week: One Day Per Week – 6.5 Hours
Location: Oxclose Community Academy
Oxclose is a school that “grows from strength to strength. Staff feel supported and believe they receive support and development needed. All staff are happy to work at the school.” (Ofsted January 2020)
We seek from September 2024 an enthusiastic teacher, who is passionate about Science. A teacher who has the ability to motivate students through creative and dynamic teaching within a large friendly and supportive Science department.
You would join our very successful Science department in September who are all passionate about delivering a high quality engaging science curriculum incorporating all areas of Biology, Chemistry and Physics to our pupils in both Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4.
The science department has excellent facilities with well-equipped modern laboratories. This role would suit an NQT or experienced teacher. All specialisms welcome.
Oxclose Community Academy is a successful and heavily over-subscribed mixed, 11-16 school constantly in the top schools in Sunderland & Washington.
Oxclose Community Academy is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. As part of our due diligence and to comply with our obligations in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education, an online search of publicly available information will be undertaken for all shortlisted candidates. The successful applicant will be subject to provide an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing Date: Midday Wednesday 14th February 2024
Interviewing W/C: 26th February 2024
Supporting documentsApplication Form
Other Supporting Documents:Teacher of Science - Job Advert Teacher of Science - Job Description Teacher of Science - Person Specification
Discover Learning Trust
The Discover Learning Trust
The Discover Learning Trust, a Multi Academy Trust, was established in 2013, following the sponsorship of Oxclose Village Primary School by Oxclose Community Academy. The Trust is responsible for the operation of two schools – Oxclose Primary Academy and Oxclose Community Academy (Secondary 11-16) in Washington, part of the City of Sunderland, Tyne and Wear. A unique feature of both schools is that we manage the physical and medical special needs specialist provision for Sunderland.
- To make a difference to our young people regardless of background
- To provide the skills and knowledge for all our young people to succeed in education, employment and life
- To be recognised as a first class inclusive, community based centre of academic excellence
- We serve, support and challenge our local communities with high aspirations for all in an inclusive, child centred culture
- We safeguard all members of our school communities
- We promote a culture of opportunity, tolerance, respect and care
- We aim to fulfil the potential of every individual
- We provide personalised academic opportunities through our broad curriculum provision to ensure success for all
- We provide the skills, knowledge and attitudes for all our young people to progress confidently and become successful, global citizens
- Inclusivity – Equal opportunity for everyone. Everyone is important
- Integrity – Everyone does the right thing
- Innovation – Everyone has the opportunity to be creative in their work
- Aspiration – Everyone is encouraged to be the best they can be
- Accountability – Everyone is responsible
- Resilient – Everyone is encouraged to develop strength of character