Teacher of RE
Unity City Academy
MPR + AET Wellbeing Cash Plan + Pension Scheme (TPS) + Additional AET Benefits
Middlesbrough, CLEVELAND, TS3 8RE
Salary: MPR + AET Wellbeing Cash Plan + Pension Scheme (TPS) + Additional AET Benefits
September 2023 Start
Unity City Academy is a successful and growing provider of 11 to 16 education in the east end of Middlesbrough. The Academy has recently achieved an Ofsted “Good” rating in all categories and has over 900 students on roll, 64% of whom are pupil premium. UCA is part of AET which in turn means we have access to a wide range of training and educational opportunities.
Unity City Academy has an incredibly passionate staff body that strives to ensure that children do not just achieve academic excellence but that our students are worldwise, cultured and proud of their individuality.
As part of the UCA family, you will have:
- A huge amount of job satisfaction working with the local community to best support young people in the school;
- Access to training and personal development packages such as the opportunity to complete a wide variety of NPQs ;
- A robust CPD schedule which has different tiers depending upon your need and position within the academy and based upon the core principles of learning.
- The ability for career progression in a growing Academy;
- The opportunity to be brave and creative in well-resourced classrooms;
- The chance to work in an Academy which strives to be at the centre of its local community, providing the highest standards of education and a strong desire for every child to succeed;
Unity City Academy has six maxims which drives our vision and aspirations. These are:
- Excellence is a habit: high expectations and high performance;
- Aim high: results without excuses;
- Individuals matter: equality and diversity;
- Community and family: people first;
- Worldwise: citizens of tomorrow;
- Culture: fun and fundamentals.
If you are an outstanding teacher looking for the next step in your career, this role could be for you! We are looking for a qualified teacher to join our friendly, hardworking Humanities department. This role will have a focus on Religious Studies so specific experience in the subject is desirable.
The successful candidate will:
- Be committed to ensuring students make their very best progress, through planning and delivering engaging lessons that will inspire our learners to succeed across KS3 and KS4.
- Support, challenge and engage a diverse cohort of students, enriching their learning experience, maximising their potential and raising attainment.
- This post is equally suitable for experienced teachers and newly qualified teachers with talent and a drive for improving learning across classrooms.
Closing date: Wednesday 1st March 2023
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Apply today.
Academies Enterprise Trust and all of our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We adopt a robust, fair and consistent recruitment process which is inline with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance. This includes online checks for shortlisted candidates. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for Teacher Training placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetschools.org/itt/ for further details.
Supporting documentsApplication Form
Unity City Academy
Welcome to Unity City Academy where our vision is of a school in which staff and students have a determination to succeed, a love of learning, pride in the academy and a strength of character. We are committed to ensuring that all students are equipped with the academic and emotional skills which will allow them to lead successful and fulfilling lives.
All students follow a vision programme which aims to develop nine key character traits (curiosity, courage, empathy, enthusiasm, gratitude, integrity, resilience, self-belief and self-control). These character traits have been shown to boost academic performance and increase the chances of future success. Tutors and pupils work closely to develop these characteristics, tracking pupil progress throughout the year and intervening where necessary.
In addition to the character development which takes place in academic learning sessions, students are invited to take part in a range of extracurricular activities and enrichment. These sessions focus on developing character traits and additional skills which will complement students’ academic achievements. This offering is supplemented by three ‘Super Citizen Days’ which allow students to spend additional time developing their understanding of social norms, future opportunities and British values.Visit School Website