Teacher of Physics
North East Futures UTC
Main Pay Range/Upper Pay Range
Teacher of Physics Main Pay Range/Upper Pay Range
Required for September 2023
This is an exceptional opportunity for a candidate to teach Physics at North East Futures UTC (Stephenson Square, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 3AS). The UTC is based in central Newcastle and replicates a business environment with state-of-the-art facilities.
All students at North East Futures UTC specialise in either Healthcare Science or Computer Science; at 14 they will also study and broad and balanced curriculum and at Post 16 the curriculum becomes more specialist.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational teacher to teach Physics at Key Stage 4 and 5. You will be an excellent classroom practitioner with the ability to inspire, enthuse and engage our students to achieve the highest possible results. You will be expected to:
- Have a sound understanding of pedagogy, displaying excellent classroom practice, developing strong relationships and have excellent subject knowledge
- Contribute to the drive for high expectations of achievement, attainment and behaviour across the academies in which you will be based
- Have high expectations of all students.
You will receive a supportive induction programme, on-going professional development and strong, consistent support from a dedicated Deputy CEO, and Academy Head Teachers / Principals and their leadership teams. This role will also provide you with:
- Focussed teaching – only teaching KS4 and KS5 classes
- Small class sizes
- Passionate students who have chosen to move to the UTC
- Substantial career development opportunities as the UTC grows
- An opportunity to be at the forefront of STEM education
- Opportunities to create and deliver engaging real-life curriculum projects with our range of industry partners.
The deadline for applications is 12pm on Friday 3 February 2023 and interviews will take place week commencing 13 February 2023. Please return completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tyne Coast Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks including an enhanced DBS with barred list check.
Application packs and further information can be found on the Tyne Coast Academy Trust website https://www.tynecoastacademytrust.co.uk/join-our-team-current-vacancies/ or by contacting Melissa Dobrianski, Head of HR & Business Operations at email@example.com
Supporting documentsApplication Form
Other Supporting Documents:Job Description - Teacher of Physics Person Specification - Teacher of Physics
North East Futures UTC
North East Futures UTC opened in September 2018 in the Stephenson Quarter in the vibrant heart of Newcastle upon Tyne. It offers an exceptional healthcare science and digital technology focused education to up to 600 young people aged 14-18. The UTC has been established by a highly committed and ambitious Board on behalf of Members of the North East Futures UTC Trust (Accenture, The Academic Health Science Network and the University of Sunderland) and is widely supported by employers across the North East.Visit School Website