Teacher of Maths (Maternity Cover)
St Michaels Catholic Academy
Grade A to C
The classroom teacher is expected:
- To have a commitment to the agreed whole school vision and values as published in the school prospectus. To positively promote and contribute to the team ethos of the Academy.
- To plan, prepare and implement an appropriate programme of work for the student which:
- takes account of each child’s individual needs through differentiation of expectations/task.
- considers the needs of the child in all aspects of development.
- fulfils the National Curriculum requirements.
- is in line with whole school policies.
- motivates the student to learn independence and self confidence
- have an awareness of decisions made by the Government, LA, Governing Body and Support Agencies
- has a commitment to first hand experience/curriculum enrichment and the celebration of student contributions.
- To assess and evaluate the student’s work and provide pupil profiles/records of achievement which:
- are in line with the National Curriculum requirements.
- enable the tracking and monitoring of progress and inform the setting of annual targets.
- form the basis of professional dialogue with: Colleagues; Parents; Support Agencies; Link Schools etc.
- are filed and available (on request) to parents.
- To ensure that all students within the class have equal access to the experiences and opportunities provided.
- To take an active part in meetings/working groups relevant to the age range that you are teaching.
- To actively promote and implement whole school policies.
- To have high expectations of the student in work, attitude and behaviour.
- To have pastoral care of the teaching group, within the school ethos, by:
- being a good role model for the student in all personal qualities.
- fostering the positive self-image of each child through praise and encouragement.
- respecting each child and ensuring that each child develops through praise and encouragement.
- To relay any concern to the Principal.
- To continue personal and professional development.
- This post has a high level of contact with, and responsibility for, student.
- To safeguard and promote the welfare of students for whom you have responsibility or come into contact with, to include adhering to all specified procedures.
Supporting documentsApplication Form
Other Supporting Documents:
St Michaels Catholic Academy
Rated as a ‘Good School’ by Ofsted in 2017 and ‘Outstanding’ in 2018 by the Diocese for our Section 48 Inspection, St Michael’s Catholic Academy is a popular school located in Billingham, Stockton on Tees.
The school became an Academy in 2013 and is part of the Carmel Multi Academy Trust and moved into a new school building in April 2016.Visit School Website
Applying by post
Completed application forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to Mrs F Magog, St Michael’s Catholic Academy, Beamish Road, Billinbgham, TS23 3DX no later than 12 noon on Monday 21st October 2019.