Learning Support Assistant – Level 2
NEAT Academy Trust
N3 £23,114 - £23,500 per annum (Actual salary £17,433 - £17,723)
Part time, 32.5 hours per week
8th Feb 2024
This post is fixed term until 31st August 2024.
We are looking for someone who is flexible and willing to provide classroom support under the direction of the teacher, answering to pupils’ social, emotional and physical needs.
We are looking for a Support Assistant to work within our school, who can inspire and who has:
- Knowledge of the KS1 / LKS2 curriculum
- Learning Assistant level 2 qualification or equivalent
- Motivation to work with children and young people
- Emotional resilience when working with challenging behaviours
Our school is one of seven primary and secondary schools within the NEAT Academy Trust family of schools. At the heart of our trust is the aim to nurture, educate, achieve and transform the lives of all young people within the communities we serve across the North East. We have a national research school, which aims to build and strengthen networks of schools throughout the region and help them access effective education research and implement it in everyday practice.
West Walker Primary School is a place where everyone is valued, we have a commitment to maximising potential by developing positive attitudes in an atmosphere of mutual respect, inclusion and enjoyment. In our last inspection, West Walker Primary School was judged as Good.
In return we offer:
- Great opportunities for continuing professional development and a career pathway across the
- A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued.
- The benefit of working in a highly collaborative multi academy trust.
- Membership of the Local Government Pensions Scheme which the trust also contributes to on your behalf.
- Recognition of previous service with other schools, academies, local government etc.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), delivered by Health Assured – the UK and Irelands leading wellbeing provider.
- Good public transport links via Tyne and Wear Metro and road links from the A19 and A1058.
Interested? If you would like to join us and feel you could thrive here, then please read the accompanying Person Specification and Job Description and complete an application form via North East Jobs by clicking ‘apply now’ no later than midnight on Thursday 8th February 2024.
NEAT is committed to safer recruitment practice and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is exempt from the provisions of the
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a satisfactory Enhanced DBS from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required as part of pre-employment checks. For shortlisted candidates, we will conduct an online search as part of our screening.
NEAT Academy Trust
NEAT Academy Trust, usually known as NEAT, was formed in 2017 from an existing collaboration of schools within North East England.
Academy trusts are charitable companies set up to provide education for the public benefit. We are a “mixed” multi-academy trust as we were established to include both non-faith and Church of England schools.Visit School Website