Specialist Learning Support Assistant
NEAT Academy Trust
Salary Grade Band 9 £29,269 - £31,364 per annum ( Actual salary £24,531 - £26,287 per annum pro rata)
11th Feb 2024
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Specialist Learning Support Assistant. This position is fixed term until 31st August 2024, term time only.
The primary focus is to undertake educational activities with individuals, groups or whole classes within a framework agreed with and under the direction and supervision of a qualified teacher.
Our school is one of six primary and secondary schools within the NEAT Academy Trust family of schools. At the heart of our trust is the aim to nurture, educate, achieve and transform the lives of all young people within the communities we serve across the North East. We have a national research school, which aims to build and strengthen networks of schools throughout the region and help them access effective education research and implement it in everyday practice.
St Hild’s Church of England School is a fully inclusive 11-16 school; it has a distinct Christian ethos with a strong sense of community. Excellent relationships between pupils and staff and a purposeful learning environment is evident in lessons and around the site. With this foundation, pupils have a strong platform to be confident, happy and are able to achieve their aspiration.
We are looking for a colleague who:
- Has acquired specialist knowledge and skills via professional development and practice in the support of specific subject areas and specific SEND needs, as determined by the needs of the school, pupils and curriculum
- Has experience of working with young people and supporting their learning
- Who can assist in monitoring the effectiveness of the school’s cover strategy and procedures.
In return we offer:
- A positive and caring Christian ethos.
- A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued.
- The benefit of working in a highly collaborative multi academy trust.
- Great opportunities for continuing professional development and career pathway across the trust.
- Membership of the Local Government Pensions Scheme which the trust also contributes to on your behalf
- Recognition of previous service with other schools, academies, local government etc.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), delivered by Health Assured – the UK and Irelands leading wellbeing provider.
If you would like to join us and feel you could thrive in a collegiate and positive atmosphere, then please read the accompanying person specification and click apply now to complete an online application form no later than Midnight on Sunday 11th February 2024.
NEAT Academy Trust are committed to safer recruitment practice and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a satisfactory Enhanced DBS from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required as part of pre-employment checks. For shortlisted candidates, we will conduct an online search as part of our screening.
NEAT Academy Trust
NEAT Academy Trust, usually known as NEAT, was formed in 2017 from an existing collaboration of schools within North East England.
Academy trusts are charitable companies set up to provide education for the public benefit. We are a “mixed” multi-academy trust as we were established to include both non-faith and Church of England schools.Visit School Website