Senior Events Coordinator/ Deputy Events Manager
Schools North East Trading Ltd
Salary range: £24,423 - £31,591 - depending on experience
18th Aug 2023
Schools North East Trading Ltd is the trading arm of the charity Schools North East. We are recruiting a highly motivated Senior Events Coordinator or Deputy Events Manager to join our small but successful team. This position offers tremendous opportunity to shape and implement programmes that make a real difference in schools. It is a challenging role that requires someone with a strong sense of pride in their job and who is willing to go above and beyond to help achieve the goals of the charity.
The annual events programme is central to the support that Schools North East gives to its members. In the last year the programme had 42 events ranging from major conferences, CPD training courses, extensive virtual events programme, and on-demand single issue events to support our members.
The programme reaches a wide range of audiences within schools, regionally and nationally, and is delivered physically and virtually to nearly 4,000 delegates per year. This programme is diverse and exciting, ranging from an annual ‘black tie’ dinner for over 400 guests to our ‘Celebration of Education’, a festival-like event designed to showcase the amazing work our teachers do for children across the North.
This is a unique opportunity to develop in a role within a small team playing an important part in shaping and implementing programmes that make a real difference.
Working under the Events Manager, you will deputise as required and be responsible for supporting the delivery of the events programme. This will include all aspects of event management from initial programme development through to on-the-day delivery and marketing. You will build upon the existing programme to widen the charity’s engagement with schools across the region and nationally to extend the impact the charity delivers on behalf of North East schools.
Working under the Events Manager, you will deputise as required and be responsible for supporting the delivery of the events programme.
Support all aspects of event management from initial programme development through to on the day delivery.
Contribute to the growth of the events programme and manage specific strands. Build strong and lasting relationships with stakeholder including speakers, delegates and Commercial Supporters.
Will include, but not limited to:
- Provide information, ideas, and assist in sourcing speakers to enable the Events Manager and Directors to produce a ‘must attend’ events programme that is attractive and relevant to our members, supports the organisation’s key strategic goals, and generates significant income for Schools North East.
- To deliver events on time, within budget, that meet (and hopefully exceed) expectations, managing operational and administrative functions to ensure specific projects are delivered efficiently.
- On the day of events, oversee tech and AV, room management, and host rooms, or online events as required.
- Represent the charity externally, including supporting the Events Manager with suppliers, venues, sponsors and key partners to support income generation and the sustainability of Schools North East and its trading arm. You will maintain excellent relationships with existing and potential stakeholders.
- Ensuring excellent customer service and quality delivery.
- Support the marketing and recruitment of new Partner Schools through development of the events programme, using intelligence gained from your own research and the wider team.
- Responsibility of managing parts of the events programme under the Events Manager.
- To work as an integral member of a small team, willing to undertake tasks as needed to deliver the aims of Schools North East.
- Assist the Events Manager in the creation of event brochures, event handbooks and other marketing designs with the support of the Marketing and Communications Officer.
- Analysing both upcoming and past events data.
How to apply:
Please download and read the recruitment pack.
Please submit a full and complete CV, along with a cover letter of no more than two pages of A4, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should link your skills,, ability and experience to the job description. Please note: failure to submit a cover letter will result in you not reaching the shortlist stage.
If you would like an informal conversation prior to applying please request a phone call via email, likewise if you are interested in this position but feel you do not have the relevant experience please get in touch for an informal chat.
We will be interviewing on a rolling basis and reserve the right to close the position earlier than the closing date, we therefore recommend early applications.
We endeavour to provide feedback to all applicants. If you are still waiting to hear from us 28 days after applying please assume your application was not successful.
Supporting documentsRecruitment Pack: Senior Events Coordinator/Deputy Events Manager
Schools North East Trading Ltd
Schools North East Trading Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of the leading educational charity Schools North East. Schools North East Trading Ltd gifts all of its profits to the charity to help provide as much support for North East schools as possible.
Schools North East is the first, and only, regional schools-led network in the UK. A charity and not-for-profit social enterprise, we were established in 2007 by the North East’s Head Teachers to be the representative body for the region’s 1,150 schools and act as a champion for education in our region.
Our vision is of a North East region in which young people are confident, enterprising, skilled and aspiring; learning and developing within well-resourced, nurturing and purposeful school environments. We are focused on driving change and influencing policy for the benefit of North East schools. Find out more about the work Schools North East does by visiting our website.Visit School Website