Second in Maths
Unity City Academy
MPR/UPS + TLR 2 + AET Wellbeing Cash Plan + Pension Scheme (TPS/LGPS) + Additional AET Benefits
25th Sep 2023
Start Date: January 2024
Are you committed to academic excellence and supporting every child to succeed?
If the answer is YES, this is a real opportunity to join our team at Unity City Academy to be part of our exciting journey.
If you’re an outstanding, enthusiastic and ambitious Teacher of Mathematics or Lead Practitioner with QTS who can teach across Key Stages and across all ability ranges, and thinking about your next career move, please get in touch. You will demonstrate high standards of delivery in a consistent manner and be committed to improving achievement across all key stages. As the second in charge of a department you are required to undertake the following responsibilities:
- Have high expectations and aspirations of students and staff.
- Have an up-to-date knowledge of subject, national developments, pedagogy, classroom management, and research and inspection findings.
- To meet statutory requirements and be committed to your own professional development.
As part of the UCA family you will have:
- A huge amount of job satisfaction working with the local community to best support young people in the school;
- Access to training and personal development packages such as the opportunity to complete a wide variety of NPQs;
- A robust CPD schedule which has different tiers depending upon your need and position within the academy and based upon the core principles of learning.
- The ability for career progression in a growing Academy;
- The opportunity to be brave and creative in well-resourced classrooms;
- The chance to work in an Academy which strives to be at the centre of its local community, providing the highest standards of education and a strong desire for every child to succeed;
Unity City Academy has six maxims which drives our vision and aspirations. These are:
- Excellence is a habit: high expectations and high performance;
- Aim high: results without excuses;
- Individuals matter: equality and diversity;
- Community and family: people first;
- Worldwise: citizens of tomorrow;
- Culture: fun and fundamentals.
About Academies Enterprise Trust
AET was established in 2008 and is now a national network of 57 primary, secondary, and special schools. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive network which spans nearly every region in England. We want our people to be empowered to do their best work, supported by the best leadership they’ve ever had, so that we provide an excellent education to every child, in every classroom.
With excellent leadership and teaching in every school, we will help children go on to lead successful and happy lives. We acknowledge and appreciate the exceptional efforts of all our people.
AET Staff Benefits
Career development and training: Our approach to educational excellence is underpinned by our Instructional Excellence Programme, delivered through an exciting and pioneering partnership with One World. We also have a long-standing partnership with Ambition Institute, and offer the full suite of Early Career and NPQ programmes, expertly facilitated and tailored to our network and local contexts. Our centralised CPD offer provides network opportunities for both teaching and leadership development, as well as offers tailored to individuals and schools.
Great pension | Healthcare cashback and helpline | Employee assistance programme
Free financial advice | Salary advances | Affordable loan scheme | Electric car and bike schemes
Lifestyle savings | Discounted gym membership | Travel and leisure scheme
Closing date: Monday 25th September 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Apply today.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Supporting documentsSecond in Maths JD
Unity City Academy
Welcome to Unity City Academy where our vision is of a school in which staff and students have a determination to succeed, a love of learning, pride in the academy and a strength of character. We are committed to ensuring that all students are equipped with the academic and emotional skills which will allow them to lead successful and fulfilling lives.
All students follow a vision programme which aims to develop nine key character traits (curiosity, courage, empathy, enthusiasm, gratitude, integrity, resilience, self-belief and self-control). These character traits have been shown to boost academic performance and increase the chances of future success. Tutors and pupils work closely to develop these characteristics, tracking pupil progress throughout the year and intervening where necessary.
In addition to the character development which takes place in academic learning sessions, students are invited to take part in a range of extracurricular activities and enrichment. These sessions focus on developing character traits and additional skills which will complement students’ academic achievements. This offering is supplemented by three ‘Super Citizen Days’ which allow students to spend additional time developing their understanding of social norms, future opportunities and British values.Visit School Website