Ian Ramsey CE Academy
£20,182 - £21,189pa FTE
37 hours per week, term-time only plus 5 inset days
27th Oct 2023
IAN RAMSEY CE ACADEMY
Permanent position required for January 2024 or sooner.
NJC SCP 3- 4 £20,812 – £21,189 FTE
37hrs per week, term time only, plus 5 days.
Salary will be adjusted to reflect the number of weeks worked.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to join our Science Technician Support Team. The successful candidate will have a passion for science and possess recent and relevant experience of working within a science-based environment. Experience working in a secondary school environment is highly desirable.
The core elements of the role are – preparing chemicals, materials, apparatus, and equipment for use in lessons, supporting pupils and teachers in practical lessons, maintenance of the school science labs and equipment. Work in conjunction with teaching staff to develop new projects and to provide advice and guidance where needed.
To be considered for this position of Science Technician, you must have the ability to work collaboratively with teachers, non-teaching staff and pupils; enjoy working with young people in a busy school setting and have excellent practical skills. You will need to be highly organised and self-motivated, a strong communicator with solid interpersonal skills, proficient in the use of IT packages and have knowledge of Health and Safety procedures within a lab environment.
If you have high expectations of yourself, enthusiasm, and a shared commitment to continual improvement we would like to hear from you.
The successful candidate should have:
- Experience of working in a Secondary school science department.
- Good understanding of CLEAPPS, HAZCARDS and practical experiment requirements.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- A positive attitude, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Ability to engage and deliver lesson resources under the guidance of the teacher.
- High expectations of yourself and others.
If so, we would really welcome your application.
In return you will receive:
- A supportive working environment that puts people at the heart of the organisation.
- Continuous professional development, including the opportunity to undertake related qualifications.
- National Terms and Conditions of Employment.
- Local Government Pension Scheme.
- The opportunity to work as part of a growing Trust and shape this role.
Details of the school can be found on the school website: https://www.ianramsey.org.uk/
Applications must be received by: Friday 27th October 2023 at 9am.
Shortlisting will take place on: Monday 6th November 2023.
Interviews will take place: w/b Monday 6th November 2023.
HOW TO APPLY:
Letters of application should be returned, along with a Northern Lights Learning Trust application form, via email to Katy Blakemore, firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Katy Blakemore, HR/Office Manager, Ian Ramsey CE Academy, Fairfield Road, Stockton-on-Tees, TS19 7AJ.
Applications will only be considered on receipt of an application form, CVs and other forms of application will not be accepted. For further information, please contact Katy Blakemore on 01642 585205.
Ian Ramsey CE Academy
Ian Ramsey is a popular and oversubscribed 11-16 Academy. The Academy moved into new accommodation in September 2014.Visit School Website