Chantry Middle School
23rd Jan 2024
Chantry Middle School, Morpeth, NE61 1RQ
(9-13 Years Middle School, Headteacher: Mr Glen Whitehead)
Science Teacher, 1.0 FTE, permanent (main scale or upper pay scale)
- Job to start in September 2024 (or sooner if available)
- Applications from Primary or Secondary trained teachers are welcome
- The post would suit an ECT or a more experienced colleague
We are looking for a colleague who is:
- extremely hardworking and has the ambition to provide an outstanding quality of education
- enthusiastic , with a passion for Science, and wants students to love Science as much as they do!
We are proud to offer:
- interesting, engaging, enthusiastic students who want to learn
- a supportive and inclusive staff and Learning Trust
- a hugely ambitious school – determined to build on the standards we currently achieve
- a proven track record in – and full commitment to – the professional development of colleagues
- A state of the art learning environment (the science department is due to undergo a full refurbishment in the summer of 2024, the successful candidate can play a significant role in the planning/design of this facility)
Chantry is a large middle school with over 550 students from Years 5 to 8, situated in the town of Morpeth in Northumberland. We pride ourselves on being a fully inclusive school with aspirational standards. Our purpose is to provide experiences to inspire, motivate and meet the needs of all learners. We encourage a lifelong love of learning to enable all to develop the attitudes, skills and knowledge to become confident communicators and responsible citizens.
The school is part of the Cheviot Trust. Whilst the schools within the Trust are separate with their own unique identity, there is one engaged and supportive Board of Trustees, to whom each school reports.
The Cheviot Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and a satisfactory enhanced DBS check is required for the successful candidate.
An online search will be undertaken on all shortlisted candidates.
School tours will be held on Thursday 25th January 2024 at 9.00 am and Friday 26th January 2024 at 9.00 am Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
Further details and an application form are available by accessing the job vacancies section of our website email@example.com or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 23rd January 2024
Interviews will take place on: 12th February 2024
Chantry Middle School
The Three Rivers Learning Trust is named after the valleys of the Wansbeck, Font and Coquet which largely define its catchment area.
The three schools in the Learning Trust are:
- Chantry Middle School
- Newminster Middle Schools
- The King Edward VI High School
The Learning Trust is managed by a single Board of Directors to ensure the integration of educational provision for students between 9 and 19.
The Learning Trust also has an alliance agreement with the Dr Thomlinson C of E Middle School in Rothbury to enable collaboration on the curriculum and continuing professional development of staff. This enables the smooth transition of students from Rothbury to KEVI.Visit School Website