School Business Support Officers (x3)
Stobhillgate First School
6th Nov 2023
Abbeyfields First School
Abbots Way, Morpeth NE61 2LZ.
Stobhillgate First School
Morpeth NE61 2HA.
Morpeth All Saints CofE First School
Pinewood Dr, Lancaster Park, Morpeth NE61 3RD.
We are seeking to appoint a School Business Support Officer in each of our three First Schools in Morpeth. (Abbeyfields, Stobhillgate and Morpeth All Saints). These roles are the key business service and operational posts that are vital to the smooth running of our schools. The roles are varied and fast paced with multiple tasks and responsibilities; the postholder will be at the heart of the school supporting staff, students, parents and school leaders to ensure the school focus on delivering an excellent education is not distracted by operational processes. A commitment to the education of the next generation is essential.
The role is well suited to people that are committed to achieving high standards through continuous improvement and learning. We are happy to consider:
• experienced school administrators that already have a good understanding of how schools operate as well as
• career focused individuals who want to learn how the business of school works and would be encouraged to complete a school business management qualification, funded by the Trust, alongside their work
• or a mix of the 2!
The Trust can offer term time only employment, flexible working patterns, part time and job share options for any of the 3 posts. There are two 35 hour per week positions and one 21 hours per week position. In addition to a competitive salary the Trust contributes to a local government pension scheme for staff and provides staff with access to a range of salary sacrifice purchasing schemes and various health benefits including a generous sick pay scheme.
The postholder will be a skilled manager of their time and the time of others, an excellent communicator, an empathetic service provider and an efficient administrator with strong IT skills. An induction and training programme will ensure new staff are provided with all they need to succeed in their role.
The Cheviot Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and a satisfactory enhanced DBS check is required for the successful candidate. An online search will be undertaken on all shortlisted candidates. Further details and an application form are available by accessing the job vacancies section of our website www.cheviotlearningtrust.co.uk or by emailing Mairi Gibson: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please return completed application forms to Mairi Gibson: email@example.com.
Responsible to: School Business Manager
• Under the guidance of senior staff: be responsible for undertaking administrative, financial, organisational processes within the school. Assist with the planning and development of support services.
Duties and key result areas:
1. Deal with complex reception/visitor etc. matters
2. Contribute to the planning, development and organisation of support service systems/procedures/policies
3. Organise school trips/events etc
4. Supervise, train and develop staff as appropriate
1. Manage manual and computerised record and information systems
2. Analyse and evaluate information and produce reports and information as required
3. Undertake typing and word processing and complex IT tasks e.g. handling specific school based record systems and databases
4. Provide personal, administrative and organisational support to other staff
5. Provide organisational support to the Governing Body
6. Undertake the administration of complex procedures
7. Complete and submit complex forms and returns such as school census, including those to outside agencies e.g. DfE
8. Undertake the administration of payroll systems and documents as appropriate
1. Operate relevant equipment and complex ICT packages
2. Monitor and manage stock within an agreed budget, cataloguing resources and undertaking audits as required
3. Manage any retailing activity that takes place within the school e.g. uniform sales/tuck shop etc.
4. Provide advice and guidance to staff, pupils and others
5. Undertake research and provide information to inform decisions
6. Assist with procurement and sponsorship
7. Assist with the marketing and promotion of the school
8. Manage the administration of facilities including the use of school premises
9. Undertake complex financial administrative procedures
10. Assist with the planning, monitoring and evaluation of the school’s budget
11. Manage expenditure within an agreed budget
1. Comply with and assist with the development of policies and procedures relating to:
a. Child protection
b. Health and safety
c. Data protection
2. Reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
3. Support the school’s policies that ensure equality of opportunity
4. Contribute to the overall ethos of the school
5. Establish constructive relationships and communicate effectively with external agencies
6. Attend and participate in regular meetings
7. Participate in training and development as required.
8. To undertake other duties and responsibilities as required commensurate with the grade of the post
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this Job Description are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and extent of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
Supporting documentsApplication Form
Other Supporting Documents:
Stobhillgate First School
Stobhillgate First School is situated in the beautiful, historic market town of Morpeth. We are a small school with a big heart and are passionate about creating innovative learning experiences for all. The schools defining principles of Excellence, Inspiration, Collaboration and Empathy are at the heart of everything we do. At Stobhillgate First School, we are passionate about developing the whole child and nurturing a love for learning. The children that attend our school come from a wide range of economically diverse backgrounds. Our challenge is to ensure we provide equality of opportunity for all children.Visit School Website