Pennyman Primary Academy
County Durham, Darlington, Gateshead, Hartlepool, Newcastle, North Tyneside, Stockton-on-Tees
29,439- £31,099, pro-rata (£28,693- £30,311)
2nd Oct 2023
Pennyman Primary Academy
Required: Monday 6th November or as soon as available
Salary: NJC POINT 22-24 (FTE £29,439- £31,099), pro-rata (£28,693- £30,311)
Hours: 37 hours (full time) Term Time plus 6 weeks (including PD Days)
Reporting to: Headteacher
About the Trust
The Trust was established in 2015 and provides education and enrichment activities to more than 1100 children across five Academies, located in Middlesbrough and Redcar and Cleveland local authority areas. Academies within the Trust are:
· Brambles Primary Academy (3 to 11 years),
· Discovery Special Academy (2 to 16 years),
· Dormanstown Primary Academy (3 to 11 years),
· Pennyman Primary Academy (3 to 11 years), and
· Wilton Primary Academy (3 to 11 years).
About the role we are looking to appoint:
Pennyman Primary Academy is a thriving inclusive learning community for 410 pupils from Nursery to Year 6. Pennyman Primary Academy is a larger than average sized primary school. It is a mainstream academy with a specialist designated unit for children with complex physical and medical needs and associated communication and learning needs. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed safeguarding lead to join the academy team.
The role involves supporting pupils and their families to overcome any barriers, so that the child can successfully access their education. You will be integral in ensuring that your work with our children and families, together with links with parents, wider professionals and stakeholders supports the vision to ensure all of our children have the essential knowledge, learning dispositions and key values to embrace the opportunities and challenges they encounter. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to the safeguarding and support of children so that they have the best chances to engage in their learning every day.
The ability to develop positive relationships with all stakeholders, excellent communication and organisational skills, together with the drive and initiative to make a difference to the lives of our children are essential for this role. Both the Trust and the academy has a strong inclusive ethos. The best interests of the children are central to our decision making.
This is an exciting role offering a varied and challenging key position in a busy and rewarding working environment with access to continuous professional development, as part of a highly functioning team.
We can offer:
· A committed senior leadership team that puts the child at the centre of school improvement
· The opportunity to contribute to shaping the future of safeguarding, welfare and inclusion even further
· A forward-thinking academy, which is committed to improvement through evidence-based research
· An excellent learning environment for children with a strong community ethos
· Hard working, committed and dedicated staff who strive to gain the best outcomes for all of our children
· Dedicated children who love coming to the academy and are encouraged to be the best they can be
· A passionate and high performing team of professionals across the trust to learn from and contribute to.
What the Trust will provide the successful candidate with:
· A workplace where all staff are valued and treated with respect as outlined within the Trust’s Diamond Standards
· A passionate, enthusiastic and supportive Leadership Team
· A listening and learning organisation where all staff are encouraged to be curious and share ideas for the Trust/academies/team to improve
· Hard working, committed and dedicated staff who strive to gain the best outcomes for all children across the Trust’s academies
· Dedicated approach to children’s learning to encourage them all to be the best they can be
· Career enhancement opportunities within areas of interest as well as supporting ongoing professional development and training specific to job role
· Dedicated line manager to discuss work streams and capacity
· Free access to the Trust’s Wellbeing offer, which includes counselling, access to GP, Mindfulness and so much more.
· Free parking
· Enrolment into the local government pension scheme
· All support contracts are employed on National Joint Council (NJC) for local government services (also known as Green book)
· Benefits of the Trust’s Staff Charter which can be found at TVED Staff Charter.
Safeguarding requirements for the role:
Tees Valley Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and, therefore, all convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those regarded as “spent” must be declared. The Trust’s Recruitment of Ex-Offender policy can be requested or visit the Trust’s website.
Applications are invited from prospective candidates who demonstrate that they are able to meet the essential criteria set out in the person specification and who have the vision, values and tenacity to join an outstanding team and help continue the journey towards excellence.
Pennyman Primary AcademyTees Valley academies believe in excellence as a birth right. All children, regardless of circumstance, have an entitlement to a world class education. The Academy Head Teachers operate in an atmosphere of trust, honesty, integrity and an unwavering commitment to excellence for children. They firmly believe there should be “no excuses or barriers!” in education. Visit School Website
Applying by post
An application form is attached below. Application packs can be downloaded or printed directly from the Trust website www.teesvalleyeducation.co.uk or requested from the Academy. Only applications on the Trust’s official application form will be accepted. Please do not submit a CV as substitute for part or full application form, the information will not be accepted or considered.
If you are submitting your completed application form by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org – please be aware that the academy cannot be responsible for any formatting anomalies when printing. Please add Pennyman Safeguarding Lead as the subject. If you are unable to submit an electronic application form, hand written or electronic printed copies should be posted or hand delivered to the following address for the attention of Mrs L Stogdale.
Tees Valley Education
Pennyman Primary Academy