Discover Learning Trust
NJC 5-6 - £21,576 - £21,968
14th Jul 2023
Advert Start Date: Tuesday 20th June 2023
Contract Type: Permanent
Scale: Grade D – SCP 5-6
Salary: £21,576 to £21,968
Hours Per Week: Full-Time – 37 Hours per Week, 52 Weeks a Year
Required from: September 2023
Based at: Oxclose Community Academy
Discover Learning Trust are looking to appoint an exceptional, enthusiastic Receptionist to join our busy administration team. This important role will act as the first point of contact for all students, parents/carers, visitors and other stakeholders entering the school. The role is exciting and diverse, providing an effective reception service, signing in visitors and answering a wide range of queries alongside supporting the office with wider administrative tasks, under the direction of the Administration and Facilities Manager. The successful candidate will need to exhibit a friendly and professional presence at all times, with the ability to manage conflicting priorities in a busy school office environment.
Previous experience working within a school setting would be a benefit but is not essential. The essential skills required to fulfil the role are:
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written;
- Outstanding organisational skills with meticulous attention to detail;
- Strong knowledge and experience in the use of a range of IT systems;
- Excellent time keeping and workload management;
- Be able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines, and;
- Most importantly, an interest in working in an environment where children are at the heart of everything we do.
Discover Learning Trust is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees and volunteers to share in this commitment. As part of our due diligence and to comply with our obligations in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education, an online search of publicly available information will be undertaken for all shortlisted candidates. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Discover Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of age, gender, race, religion, disability, or sexual orientation.
Please note that we do not accept CVs. For an application pack please contact Mrs L Fittes, Purchasing and Personnel Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Closing Date: Midday Friday 14th July 2023
Interview: W/C 07th August 2023
Supporting documentsApplication Form
Other Supporting Documents:Receptionist Advert Receptionist Job Description Receptionist Person Specification
Discover Learning Trust
The Discover Learning Trust
The Discover Learning Trust, a Multi Academy Trust, was established in 2013, following the sponsorship of Oxclose Village Primary School by Oxclose Community Academy. The Trust is responsible for the operation of two schools – Oxclose Primary Academy and Oxclose Community Academy (Secondary 11-16) in Washington, part of the City of Sunderland, Tyne and Wear. A unique feature of both schools is that we manage the physical and medical special needs specialist provision for Sunderland.
- To make a difference to our young people regardless of background
- To provide the skills and knowledge for all our young people to succeed in education, employment and life
- To be recognised as a first class inclusive, community based centre of academic excellence
- We serve, support and challenge our local communities with high aspirations for all in an inclusive, child centred culture
- We safeguard all members of our school communities
- We promote a culture of opportunity, tolerance, respect and care
- We aim to fulfil the potential of every individual
- We provide personalised academic opportunities through our broad curriculum provision to ensure success for all
- We provide the skills, knowledge and attitudes for all our young people to progress confidently and become successful, global citizens
- Inclusivity – Equal opportunity for everyone. Everyone is important
- Integrity – Everyone does the right thing
- Innovation – Everyone has the opportunity to be creative in their work
- Aspiration – Everyone is encouraged to be the best they can be
- Accountability – Everyone is responsible
- Resilient – Everyone is encouraged to develop strength of character