Reception Teacher ( Maternity Cover)
Westgarth Primary School
20th Nov 2023
Westgarth Primary School are looking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic and creative Reception teacher, who is passionate about both teaching and learning in Early Years, and the promotion of the wellbeing and happiness of the children in their care.
The successful applicant will join and enjoy the support of our whole team, which is committed to high expectations and standards for all children in our vibrant school community.
Our Early Years provision is highly regarded and the successful candidate will benefit from Westgarth’s status as an English Hub, with expertise in early reading, language development and the promotion of a love of reading.
The post would be suitable for early career teachers and/or mainscale teachers looking to further expand their experience in a highly supportive setting.
Applicants should outline their Early Years philosophy, strengths and interests, as well as any extra- curricular activities that they could offer.
The successful candidate will:
- Will be an inspirational and outstanding part of our school family, who leads by example and who motivates and inspires all to improve the outcomes of the school.
- Has a proven track record and is passionate about learning, is organised and effective with a determination to make a difference.
- Is innovative and forward thinking, using research to underpin practice.
- Has a can-do attitude.
- Has an understanding of the needs of others, committed to wellbeing and will support pupils and staff on a day-to-day basis.
- Is committed to delivering the school vision and upholding the school values.
We can offer you:
- the opportunity to work alongside staff who will provide the skills and support to develop you with your next steps in your career.
- a dedicated governing body and staff who are supportive and passionate about their community. • a school where you have the opportunity to make a real difference
. • well behaved and motivated children who want to do their best.
- work with a supportive and positive team.
- a commitment to your professional development and well- being
Visits or informal phone calls about the post are encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to arrange a convenient time. Completed application forms should be emailed to: email@example.com by 12pm on Monday 20th November.
Interviews to be held Monday 27th November 2023
Westgarth Primary School and Galileo Multi Academy Trust are committed to equality of opportunity, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check along with other relevant employment checks.
Westgarth Primary School
At Westgarth, we are very proud of our school and of the children that come to our school. We aim to ensure that our children are cared for, nurtured and respected and that we provide a school that allows each and every child to flourish.
We are committed to providing a stimulating and motivating learning environment- one that equips and prepares our pupils for the 21st Century. We believe that everyone in school should enjoy their learning and feel proud of their achievements. To fulfil this, we will provide a curriculum which gives equal value to developing children’s academic, social, physical and emotional understanding. Our aim is to prepare every child so that they can make a positive contribution to the society in which they live and that they can function in the fast changing world in which they find themselves. Through fostering a lifelong love of learning, we hope to help our pupils to live a full and happy adult life.
As a school community we believe that children thrive when the entire school community – pupils, parents, staff, governors and the local community come together. We strongly value the relationship we have with our parents and recognise that effective partnerships are essential. We appreciate and value the support our parents give us and the role they play in enriching our children’s experiences and supporting their child’s education.Visit School Website