Reading Interventions Learning Support Assistant
Unity City Academy
NJC 20-25 (Pro Rata salary £25,238 - £28,402 FTE £30,296 - £33,945)
37 hours (per week- 38 weeks per year)
5th Feb 2024
Start Date: ASAP
Unity City Academy:
We are an 11-16 Academy and proud to be part of the Academies Enterprise Trust family of schools. We are within easy access from Middlesbrough and the Tees Valley and close to the A19 motorway. We take from a very diverse catchment area which means that our students are at the heart of everything we do, and we challenge and support them to achieve their full potential. You will find our students to be engaging, proud to live in and give back to their community and are ready to learn – all we need is you!
We are seeking to appoint a ‘Reading Interventions Learning Support Assistant’ who is:
- Passionate about helping pupils to succeed
- Patient and supportive
- Experienced with supporting pupils with reading interventions
- Familiar with working with young people aged 11-16
- Can work under the direct instruction of the Reading Intervention Leader, to impact on the reading assessment outcomes to support pupils’ improvement towards achieving AREs in reading
- Able to provide 1:1 and group targeted intervention based on assessment data for pupils in KS3 and KS4.
- Displays a high standard of professional behaviour and integrity at all times;
- Able to make effective use of reading prompts to explore pupils’ understanding and comprehension of texts, including adopting the reciprocal reading approach
- A role model for others – lead by example, setting the highest possible standard
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here.
We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career – We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support – We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience – You’re connected to our network of over 57 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact – Google Workplace Enterprise for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you.
- More time – We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
As part of the UCA family you will have:
- A huge amount of job satisfaction working with the local community to best support young people in the school;
- Access to training and personal development packages
- A robust CPD schedule which has different tiers depending upon your need and position within the academy and based upon the core principles of learning.
- The ability for career progression in a growing Academy;
- The opportunity to be brave and creative in well-resourced classrooms;
- The chance to work in an Academy which strives to be at the centre of its local community, providing the highest standards of education and a strong desire for every child to succeed;
If you think Unity City Academy is the place for you and your career to develop, please contact us for more information, to arrange a tour or to visit via: email@example.com
Unity City Academy has six maxims which drives our vision and aspirations. These are:
- Excellence is a habit: high expectations and high performance;
- Aim high: results without excuses;
- Individuals matter: equality and diversity;
- Community and family: people first;
- Worldwise: citizens of tomorrow;
- Culture: fun and fundamentals.
The role is due to commence ASAP.
Closing date: 5th February 2024
Interviews are scheduled to take place as soon as possible after the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Apply now: https://aet.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/4244?c=aet&source=jobsinnortheast
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Supporting documentsApplication Form
Unity City Academy
Welcome to Unity City Academy where our vision is of a school in which staff and students have a determination to succeed, a love of learning, pride in the academy and a strength of character. We are committed to ensuring that all students are equipped with the academic and emotional skills which will allow them to lead successful and fulfilling lives.
All students follow a vision programme which aims to develop nine key character traits (curiosity, courage, empathy, enthusiasm, gratitude, integrity, resilience, self-belief and self-control). These character traits have been shown to boost academic performance and increase the chances of future success. Tutors and pupils work closely to develop these characteristics, tracking pupil progress throughout the year and intervening where necessary.
In addition to the character development which takes place in academic learning sessions, students are invited to take part in a range of extracurricular activities and enrichment. These sessions focus on developing character traits and additional skills which will complement students’ academic achievements. This offering is supplemented by three ‘Super Citizen Days’ which allow students to spend additional time developing their understanding of social norms, future opportunities and British values.Visit School Website