Grade 5 (7-12) £22,369 to £24,496 (Pro-rata to working weeks) Actual salary £19,357 to £21,198.
Permanent, 37 hours per week, Term Time Only.
6th Nov 2023
|To inspire students with additional needs.
To be responsible for ensuring that all students with additional needs both academic and medical are supported both in and out of the classroom.
|• To work and support vulnerable students and students who have additional educational needs on a 1:1 basis.
• To work as part of the SEND Support and the Academy’s pastoral team. • To work with small group literacy and/or numeracy intervention.
• To have an oversight of medical conditions alongside lead Academy staff.
|• To work in partnership with teachers and other professionals to provide effective support for learning activities, tailoring support to the needs of the students if necessary. • To support planning and delivery of the curriculum for students.
• To offer students varied and purposeful extended day activities in and out of school. • To contribute to the planning, preparation, maintenance and evaluation of learning activities and environment, identify areas of improvement and new developments as necessary. • To promote and assist with the development of core literacy and numeracy skills. • To monitor, assess, report and maintain records of students and their performance. • To work with small groups of students and individuals both within the classroom and during withdrawal sessions.
• To provide appropriate support and care for students throughout the day, including break and lunchtime monitoring and pre-post academy activities as necessary.
• To attend meetings about students as required.
• To invigilate internal and external tests and examinations under formal conditions. • To accompany and supervise students on trips and visits as appropriate. • To liaise with parents/carers and outside agencies as appropriate.
• Follow Academy policy regarding care, support and supervision of students.