Newcastle PE and School Sport Support Officer
NEAT Academy Trust
N4 £24,294 - £25,119 per annum pro rata (Actual £19,732 - £20,403 per annum)
12th Feb 2024
This post is term time only, plus 5 training days, and is fixed term until 31st August 2024.
We’re seeking a flexible and adaptable PE & School Sport Support Officer with experience of managing activity programmes and events for young people. You will have experience of delivering PE, including sports specific formats and extra-curricular activities in primary and secondary schools.
As part of the role you will deliver PE in Primary Schools to upskill Primary Teachers in many different areas of the curriculum such as invasion, dance, gymnastics etc. Along side upskilling Primary Schools teachers you will also deliver other elements that we offer as a service such leadership sessions and Healthy Active Lifestyle events. You will also have the opportunity to be apart of our City Wide events such our annual Dance Festival.
We are looking for someone who can inspire and influence and who:
- Has an NGB Level 2 Coaching Qualification
- Has experience planning, delivering and evaluating activity sessions for young people.
- Can communicate well with children, teachers and parents, providing feedback when necessary.
- Is self-motivated, with the ability to motivate others.
Newcastle PE and School Sport Service is based at Benfield School in the east of Newcastle upon Tyne and is part of NEAT Academy Trust, a family of six primary and secondary schools. At the heart of our trust is the aim to nurture, educate, achieve and transform the lives of all young people within the communities we serve across the North East.
Our service covers the whole of Newcastle upon Tyne, engaging with and delivering a variety of programmes and services to First, Primary, Middle and High Schools. We provide high quality PE and sporting opportunities to children and young people; raising participation to ultimately encourage and motivate them to lead healthy, active, lifestyles.
In return we offer:
- Great opportunities for continuing professional development and a career pathway across the trust.
- Mentoring from an experienced team who are passionate about getting young people physically active.
- A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued.
- The benefit of working in a highly collaborative multi academy trust.
- Membership of the Local Government Pensions Scheme which the trust also contributes to on your behalf.
- Recognition of previous service with other schools, academies, local government etc.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), delivered by Health Assured – the UK and Irelands leading wellbeing provider.
- Good public transport links via Tyne and Wear Metro and road links from the A19 and A1058 Coast Road.
Interested? If you would like to join us and feel you could thrive here, then please read the accompanying Job Description and Person Specification and complete an application form by clicking ‘apply now’ no later than midnight on Monday 12th February 2024.
Apply now via North East Jobs – https://www.northeastjobs.org.uk/job/Newcastle_PE_and_School_Sport_Support_Officer/258906
Expected interview dates – 15th February 2024.
If you would like to arrange an informal conversation with one of the team about this exciting role, then please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
NEAT is committed to safer recruitment practice and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a satisfactory Enhanced DBS from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required as part of pre-employment checks. For shortlisted candidates, we will conduct an online search as part of our screening.
NEAT Academy Trust
NEAT Academy Trust, usually known as NEAT, was formed in 2017 from an existing collaboration of schools within North East England.
Academy trusts are charitable companies set up to provide education for the public benefit. We are a “mixed” multi-academy trust as we were established to include both non-faith and Church of England schools.Visit School Website