NEAT Sports & Cycling Programme Coordinator
NEAT Academy Trust
£24,948 - £26,845 per annum (Actual Salary £21,422 - £23,051)
Full time, 37 hours per week
16th Oct 2023
This post is term time only plus 5 additional training days, and the actual salary for the post is £21,422 – £23,051
Fixed term until 31st August 2024
Please note that previous applicants need not apply.
NEAT Academy Trust is a thriving and collaborative partnership of six primary and secondary schools across the north east of England, working together to provide a first-class education for all our learners. Each school has its own distinctive ethos and the trust protects both Church of England and non-Church schools to retain their particular designation. We are firmly rooted in our local communities, which enables us to develop and share effective strategies to enable our pupils to improve their life chances with the support of their families.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who has experience in running sports events, coordinating sports focused activities to children and young people in a school environment. In addition, this new role will also support the implementation of NEAT’s Cycling Strategy, including the delivery of staff training, pupil sessions and lead rides so a Cycle Leaders qualification or the willingness to undertake the training is required.
The post holder will also be directly involved in the delivery of the NEAT Experience, an exciting curriculum that supports character development through the provision of experiences and opportunities.
• Develop and implement a Trust wide Competition and Festival Calendar
• Oversee the day-to-day operation of a variety of sporting and cycling opportunities across the Trust
• Develop and deliver sports, PE and cycling programs, including related staff CPD
• Ensure KPIs set are met in the timescales set
• Ensure all programmes and provision are delivered to a high standard
• Record data and produce reports and other documentation required by the Trust’s Strategic and Senior Leadership Teams
• NGB Level 2 Coaching Qualification
• Level 2 Cycle Leaders Qualification – desirable or be willing to attain this
• Experience of working in a school setting and/or sports sector
• Proven experience of planning, delivering and evaluating activity sessions for young people
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to provide feedback to children, teachers and parents
• Self-motivated, energetic and hard-working Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong documentation, data entry and reporting skills
• A passion for transforming the outcomes of students through sport, physical activity and competition.
In return we offer:
• A supportive, collaborative environment
• Mentoring from an experienced leadership team who are passionate about getting children physically active
• A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued
• A commitment to continuing professional development
• The benefit of working in a highly collaborative multi academy trust.
If you would like to join us and feel you could thrive here, then please read the accompanying job description and person specification, visit https://www.northeastjobs.org.uk/job/NEAT_Sports_Cycling_Programme_Coordinator/249011 and click ‘apply now’ to complete an online application form no later than midnight on Monday 16th October 2023.
NEAT Academy Trust are committed to safer recruitment practice and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a satisfactory Enhanced DBS from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required as part of pre-employment checks. For shortlisted candidates, we will conduct an online search as part of our screening.
NEAT Academy Trust
NEAT Academy Trust, usually known as NEAT, was formed in 2017 from an existing collaboration of schools within North East England.
Academy trusts are charitable companies set up to provide education for the public benefit. We are a “mixed” multi-academy trust as we were established to include both non-faith and Church of England schools.Visit School Website