St Teresas Catholic Primary School
£2367.29 Term time only
5 Hours per week
22nd Sep 2023
SCHOOL: St Teresa’s Catholic Primary School, Hartlepool
POST TITLE: Lunchtime Supervisor
BAND: 1 SCP 3
REPORTS TO: Line Manager
MAIN PURPOSE: To supervise pupils during the lunchtime period and ensure that problems are resolved or referred to an appropriate level.
- Ensure that pupils wash their hands before they eat
- Escort pupils to and from the dinner area, as necessary
- Ensure that pupils having a school or packed lunch are in the dining hall at the correct time and completing dinner register as required
- Help younger pupils at the serving counter with the proper use of cutlery, and help them cut up their food when necessary
- Assist pupils with the return of used plates, trays, cutlery and beakers etc.
- Assist with the cleaning of tables when lunch is finished
- Supervise pupils eating food brought from home, and ensure that all packed-lunch equipment is cleared away after use
- Clean and put away all tables and chairs at the end of the lunch period and sweep dining hall floor
- Report to the Cook any child whose diet may give rise for concern
- Take charge of groups of children in the playground or the classroom, depending on the weather
- Devise and initiate and lead constructive play opportunities for children when required
- Ensure that children remain within a safe environment, and that they play safely
- Set suitable behaviour standards in line with school policy
- Help children acquire social skills
- Attend to minor accidents sustained during the lunch break, and seek appropriate assistance if necessary
- Attend to any pupil who becomes ill during the lunch break, and again seek appropriate assistance
- Report to the Head Teacher or appropriate staff any acts that constitute serious infringements of school rules
- Work under the direction of the teaching staff
- Liaise effectively and professionally with staff; teachers and parents, as required
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- Show a duty of care and take appropriate action to comply with Health & Safety requirements at all time
- To undertake Paediatric First Aid & Administration of Medication training.
- Demonstrate and promote commitment to Equal Opportunities and to the elimination of behaviour and practices that could be discriminatory.
The post holder may reasonably be expected to undertake other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility that may be allocated from time to time.
St Teresas Catholic Primary SchoolVisit School Website
Applying by post
Applications forms can be downloaded from www.BHCET.org.uk/vacancies or you can contact the school office. If you need any assistance with completion of the application form, please contact the school office. Applications and supporting documents should be returned to email@example.com or posted to the school for the attention of the Headteacher by 9am Friday 14th 2023.