Literacy Lead with Key stage responsibility
MPS/ UPS + TLR 2B
CHILDREN, ADULTS AND HEALTH
Literacy Leader and KS Lead:
(MOSAIC FEDERATION – VALLEY VIEW & HEDWORTHFIELD PRIMARY SCHOOLS)
MPS/UPS + TLR2b
Required for September 2020
The Mosaic Federation was formed in September 2017. This saw the federation of Valley View Primary School and Hedworthfield Primary School in Jarrow. The federation has been incredibly successful and the schools are both thriving as a result of the partnership formed.
Due to the promotion of our current post holder, the Governing Board of Mosaic Federation is seeking to appoint a Leader of Literacy and KS Lead. The role will initially be within the senior leadership team of Valley View Primary School. This role will involve leadership of a key stage and leading Literacy across EYFS, KS1 and KS2. The successful candidate will have experience of effective implementation and monitoring of Literacy policies and practice across the school and have the ability and subject knowledge to teach Literacy to years five and six to a high standard. They will work as part of a team of staff across years 5 and 6 and will also deliver the foundation curriculum.
Valley View Primary School is an Outstanding school (OFSTED 2014) with high aspirations for our staff and pupils. We aim to be outstanding in everything we do.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Demonstrates our key values of respect, resilience, responsibility and engagement;
- Is willing to go above and beyond for the good of our children;
- Will add to and embrace our family ethos;
- Is an outstanding practitioner;
- Has a clear understanding of phonics and reading and is passionate about literacy;
- Has exceptional expectations of behaviour and achievement for our pupils;
- Is prepared to work hard for the benefit of pupils and their families
- can motivate and inspire our school team and the children
- has a secure understanding of literacy development within the primary range
- Will be bold and brave in ensuring literacy is a focus for all staff. children and families.
We can offer:
- A family ethos where staff support and encourage each other;
- Outstanding young people who are keen to learn;
- A school committed to high expectations of behaviour and attitudes from children;
- A wonderful school community who work closely with school for the best of their children;
- The opportunity to work and plan as a federation of schools;
- A commitment to work life balance;
- A creative and engaging curriculum;
- Excellent CPD and career development opportunities.
- Weekly blocked PPA, management time and assessment time.
In addition to experienced primary teachers, the post could also be suitable for KS3 Literacy specialist teachers.
We are hoping for a September start date but will be flexible where this is not possible.
Visits to Valley View Primary School are encouraged. Please note social distancing will apply.
For more information about the role, please contact the Head Teacher, Gemma Jeynes, via email: email@example.com
South Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant pre-employment checks and completion of a disqualification by association declaration form (Childcare Disqualifications Regulations 2009).
Closing date: Noon, Thursday 11th June 2020
Supporting documentsApplication Form
Other Supporting Documents:Job Description Personal Specification
Mosaic federation was newly formed in September 2017. This saw the federation of Valley View Primary School and Hedworthfield Primary School in Jarrow. The federation has been incredibly successful and the schools are both thriving as a result of the partnership formed.
Valley View Primary School, Jarrow, is an Outstanding school. It is a one form entry primary school with a 78 place nursery school.
Hedworthfield Primary School is a good school (OFSTED 2016) with high aspirations for our staff and pupils. We aim to be outstanding in everything we do. This is also a one form entry primary school with a nursery school.
We believe our Federationl is in itself a ‘family’ where children are included, respected, nurtured, encouraged, supported and challenged to reach their full potential in a safe and caring environment.Visit School Website