Level 3 Teaching Assistant
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust
Grade E, SCP 8 -11 (£22,777- £24,054 per annum, pro rata) with SSA
35 hours per week, Term Time Only + 1 week
11th Jun 2023
Location: St Mary’s Catholic Primary School, Duckpool Lane, Whickham, NE16 4HB
Grade: Grade E, SCP 8 -11 (£22,777- £24,054 per annum, pro rata) with SSA
Hours: Permanent, 35 hours per week, Term Time Only + 1 week (39 weeks)
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School is a one-form entry primary school in Whickham, Gateshead serving the communities of St Mary’s, Whickham and Immaculate Heart of Mary, Lobley Hill. We aim to develop the talents of each pupil as a unique individual whose full potential can be developed in a community which has Christ at its centre.
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School are proud to be part of the Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust: a family of secondary, middle, primary and first schools in Durham, Gateshead, Northumberland and Sunderland. Bishop Wilkinson is the largest Catholic Education Trust in the North East of England and has a total of 48 schools. This is an exciting time to join our supportive and growing team.
We are seeking an individual to:
- Make a significant contribution as a member of our talented and hard-working support staff in the Early Years.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role, which will be based in the Early Years Foundation Stage, include:
- Supporting the development and early education of all children under the direction of the Reception Class Teacher and Early Years Lead;
- Planning and providing effective care, teaching and learning that enables children to progress and prepares them for making their transition in to Year 1;
- Contributing to the effective assessment of pupils against the Early Years Foundation Stage framework;
- Supervising pupils during breaktimes and lunchtimes;
- Working as a link between home and school;
- Meeting the personal care needs of individual children – where required;
- Some manual handling.
The successful candidate will have:
- A commitment to safeguard the welfare of children;
- Good numeracy/literacy skills;
- NVQ Level 3 for Teaching Assistants, equivalent qualification (NNEB);
- Training in relevant learning strategies and specialist knowledge in a particular curriculum area;
- Knowledge of the effective use of ICT to support learning – computer, video, photocopier and basic clerical skills;
- Good understanding of the principles of child development and learning processes;
- Working knowledge of national/foundation stage curriculum and other basic learning programmes/strategies;
- Experience working with children of relevant age;
- Ability to deal with challenging situations calmly and confidently;
- Ability to follow a plan and retain important information;
- Effective and clear communication.
For an application form and further details about this vacancy please visit our website http://bwcet.com/vacancies/ where applications can be completed online.
Closing date: Sunday, 11th June 2023
Interview date: W/c 19th June 2023
The Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, formerly The Trinity Catholic Multi Academy Trust was set up on 1 February 2012. Cardinal Hume Catholic School, Gateshead was the first school in the trust.
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, is currently a family of 5 secondary schools and 21 primary schools from across Gateshead, Sunderland, Durham and Northumberland, in the west of the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle. The Trust is expanding rapidly and will reach a total of 48 schools by Summer 2022.
We feel very privileged to be able to work with our wonderful children and the amazingly gifted and dedicated staff and leaders across all of our schools. Our motivation and general philosophy are built on ever improving standards of discipline, nurture and care, teaching and learning and quality of leadership. Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust will be a partnership that affirms the dignity of the individual. The person is at the heart of Christ’s teaching: this is why the promotion of the human person is the goal of our Trust.Visit School Website