Level 3 SEN Teaching Assistant 1:1 Support
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust
Grade E SCP 8-11 (£22,777- £24,054, per annum, pro rata)
30.5 hours per week
16th Jul 2023
Location: Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School, Byermoor, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE16 6NU
Grade: Grade E SCP 8-11 (£22,777- £24,054, per annum, pro rata)
Hours: 30.5 hours per week (Mon: 8.20am-3.20pm, Tue-Fri: 8.50am-3.20pm), Temporary post subject to the return of the substantive post holder, Term Time Only + 5 INSET Days (39 weeks)
Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School has been educating children from its community since 1873. The school provides a warm, caring and inclusive community where everybody is valued and nurtured. We are committed to the achievement of every single child not only to develop a growth mindset but make exceptional progress enabling everyone to reach their full potential in union with God, and to live our mission statement: “Growing Together, Learning Together, Achieving Together in Christ”. We are currently graded ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted.
We are proud to be part of the Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, a family of secondary, middle, primary and first schools in Durham, Gateshead, Northumberland and Sunderland. Bishop Wilkinson is the largest catholic education trust in the North East of England with a total of 48 schools. This is an exciting time to join our supportive, and growing team.
We wish to appoint a committed, well-qualified and highly effective Level 3 Teaching Assistant to support a child with an EHCP on a 1:1 basis. The duration of this post is dependent on the linked child remaining at the school or the return of the substantive post holder.
We are seeking an individual to:
- Has experience of working 1:1 with children with social, communication and emotional difficulties
- Will be able to improve the communication and interaction needs of the supported child
- Will be able to support the emotional and sensory needs of the child
- Will be able to support engagement and challenge the cognition and learning of the child
- Will be able to work on child’s EHCP targets
- Has experience of working closely with class teacher/SENDCO and other professionals
- Is flexible, pro-active and hands on
- Has vision, energy and enthusiasm for this challenge and has excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Is experienced in establishing and maintaining good professional relationships
- Support the Catholic ethos of our school
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working in Early Years and KS1 in a teaching and learning capacity
- Experience of working with SEN support
- Experience of teaching individuals and small groups
- Experience in planning learning for individuals and small groups.
- Experience of working with children with general and specific learning difficulties.
- Ability to use skills, expertise and experience to support pupil learning.
- A caring and positive approach to children to ensure all pupils achieve their very best.
Please refer to Job Description and Person Specification for further details. For an application form and further details about this vacancy please visit our website http://bwcet.com/vacancies/ where applications can be completed online.
Closing date: Sunday, 16th July 2023
Interview date: Wednesday, 19th July 2023
The Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, formerly The Trinity Catholic Multi Academy Trust was set up on 1 February 2012. Cardinal Hume Catholic School, Gateshead was the first school in the trust.
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, is currently a family of 5 secondary schools and 21 primary schools from across Gateshead, Sunderland, Durham and Northumberland, in the west of the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle. The Trust is expanding rapidly and will reach a total of 48 schools by Summer 2022.
We feel very privileged to be able to work with our wonderful children and the amazingly gifted and dedicated staff and leaders across all of our schools. Our motivation and general philosophy are built on ever improving standards of discipline, nurture and care, teaching and learning and quality of leadership. Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust will be a partnership that affirms the dignity of the individual. The person is at the heart of Christ’s teaching: this is why the promotion of the human person is the goal of our Trust.Visit School Website