Level 3 Administrative Assistant
Pennyman Primary Academy
County Durham, Darlington, Gateshead, Hartlepool, North Tyneside, Northumberland, Stockton-on-Tees
£22,777- £24,054, pro rata £21,697 - £22,914
2nd Oct 2023
LEVEL 3 ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Required: As soon as possible
Salary: From SCP 8 to SCP 11 (FTE £22,777- £24,054), pro rata £21,697 – £22,914
(salary may be negotiable for the right candidate)
Hours: 37 hours (full time), Term time only (TTO) + 5 weeks
Reporting to: Head of Academy
Academy: Pennyman Primary Academy
About the Trust
The Trust was established in 2015 and provides education and enrichment activities to more than 1100 children across five Academies, located in Middlesbrough and Redcar and Cleveland local authority areas. Academies within the Trust are:
- Brambles Primary Academy (3 to 11 years),
- Discovery Special Academy (2 to 16 years),
- Dormanstown Primary Academy (3 to 11 years),
- Pennyman Primary Academy (3 to 11 years), and
- Wilton Primary Academy (3 to 11 years).
About the role we are looking to appoint:
We are looking to appoint a dedicated, experienced administrator, who is confident, strong communicator and team worker to provide operational support to our school office.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who is positive, solution focussed and has strong communication, interpersonal skills and can provide an excellent customer service experience to all. The role will require the post holder to liaise directly with a range of stakeholders internally and externally including CEO, Directors, Trust Improvement Team, Headteachers, Deputy Headteachers, Trustees, Department for Education (DfE), Ofsted and Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA).
We are seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced administrator Tees Valley Education is extremely proud of the high quality provision it offers all children in its care and this is an exciting opportunity, designed to support a growing Trust as well as adding capacity to the academies within it.
The successful candidate will promote and support the vision and direction of our Primary Academies by providing day-to-day support for all users.
The role will require the resilience to undertake difficult conversations with people in a calm and assertive manner.
The academy offices are busy places and children, parents and staff will often require help and support at short notice, being able to prioritise and organise your time effectively will be advantageous.
Both the Trust and the academies have a strong inclusive ethos and an inherent drive for quality. The best interests of the children are central to our decision making. Our children are proud academy citizens, care
What the Trust will provide the successful candidate with:
- A workplace where all staff are valued and treated with respect as outlined within the Trust’s Diamond Standards
- A passionate, enthusiastic and supportive Leadership Team
- A listening and learning organisation where all staff are encouraged to be curious and share ideas for the Trust/academies/team to improve
- Hard working, committed and dedicated staff who strive to gain the best outcomes for all children across the Trust’s academies
- Dedicated approach to children’s learning to encourage them all to be the best they can be
- Career enhancement opportunities within areas of interest as well as supporting ongoing professional development and training specific to job role
- Dedicated line manager to discuss work streams and capacity
- Free access to the Trust’s Wellbeing offer, which includes counselling, access to GP, Mindfulness and so much more.
- Free parking
- Enrolment into the local government pension scheme
- All support contracts are employed on National Joint Council (NJC) for local government services (also known as Green book)
- Benefits of the Trust’s Staff Charter which can be found at TVED Staff Charter.
Safeguarding requirements for the role:
Tees Valley Education Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and, therefore, all convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those regarded as “spent” must be declared. The Trust’s Recruitment of Ex-Offender policy can be requested or visit the Trust’s website.
Applications are invited from prospective candidates who demonstrate that they are able to meet the essential criteria set out in the person specification and who have the vision, values and tenacity to join an outstanding team and help continue the journey towards excellence.
Supporting documentsApplication Form
Other Supporting Documents:
Pennyman Primary AcademyTees Valley academies believe in excellence as a birth right. All children, regardless of circumstance, have an entitlement to a world class education. The Academy Head Teachers operate in an atmosphere of trust, honesty, integrity and an unwavering commitment to excellence for children. They firmly believe there should be “no excuses or barriers!” in education. Visit School Website
Applying by post
An application form is attached below. Application packs can be downloaded or printed directly from the Trust website www.teesvalleyeducation.co.uk or requested from the academy. Only applications via the Trust’s official application form will be accepted. Please do not submit a CV as substitute for part or full application form, the information will not be accepted or considered.
If you are submitting your completed application form by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org – please be aware the academy cannot be responsible for any formatting anomalies when printing. If you are unable to submit an electronic application form, hand written or electronic printed copies should be posted or hand delivered to the following address for the attention of Mrs Louise Stogdale, Headteacher.
Pennyman Primary Academy