NEAT Academy Trust
N2 £20,812 per annum pro-rata (with living wage supplement, currently to £10.90 an hour)
Part time, 10 hours per week
6th Nov 2023
Benfield Sports Centre have their own team of staff who run the centre which enables thousands of children and adults to take part in a varied programme of activities each week.
We are seeking to appoint a keen, multi-skilled, motivated individual to join our team as a leisure assistant. This vacancy is permanent, part time, with one fixed shift per week, Saturday 8:00 – 18:30.
We are looking for a leisure assistant with high standards of cleanliness and customer service to assist in the running of the sports centre’s activities. We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience working in a customer facing role
- Experience cleaning, setting up and dismantling equipment
- The ability to work well under pressure, managing a varied workload
- Ability to ensure high standards are maintained and a knowledge of health and safety and safeguarding
In return we offer:
- Great opportunities for continuing professional development and a career pathway across the trust.
- A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued.
- The benefit of working in a highly collaborative multi academy trust.
- Membership of the Local Government Pensions Scheme which the trust also contributes to on your behalf.
- Recognition of previous service with other schools, academies, local government etc.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), delivered by Health Assured – the UK and Ireland’s leading wellbeing provider.
- Good public transport links via Tyne and Wear Metro and road links from the A19 and A1058 Coast Road.
If you would like to join us and feel you could thrive here, then please read the accompanying job description and person specification, visit https://www.northeastjobs.org.uk/job/Leisure_Assistant/252571 and click ‘apply now’ to complete an online application form no later than midnight on Monday 6th November 2023.
NEAT Academy Trust are committed to safer recruitment practice and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a satisfactory Enhanced DBS from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required as part of pre-employment checks. For shortlisted candidates, we will conduct an online search as part of our screening.
NEAT Academy Trust
NEAT Academy Trust, usually known as NEAT, was formed in 2017 from an existing collaboration of schools within North East England.
Academy trusts are charitable companies set up to provide education for the public benefit. We are a “mixed” multi-academy trust as we were established to include both non-faith and Church of England schools.Visit School Website