Learning Support Assistant Level 2
NEAT Academy Trust
N3 £23,114 - £23,500 per annum - Please see advert text for pro rata salary
Please see advert text
3rd Mar 2024
We are seeking to appoint multiple learning support assistants to provide classroom support duties, including curriculum related tasks under the direction of the teacher whilst responding to pupils’ social, emotional and physical needs.
Join us at one of our open sessions to see our fabulous school in action! Thursday, 15th February 9.30am or Tuesday, 27th February 1.30pm.
We have multiple positions both fixed term and permanent across our school and we would be happy to discuss flexible hours:
- x1 – 20 hours per week, term time only plus 5 training days (Mon-Fri) Actual Salary – £10,728 – £10,907 per annum pro rata
- x3 – 35 hours per week, term time only plus 5 training days (Mon-Fri) Actual Salary – £18,774 – £19,087 per annum pro rata
- x1 – 14 hours per week, term time only plus 5 training days (Thurs & Fri) Actual Salary – £7,509 – £7,634 per annum pro rata
Successful candidates will have:
- An enthusiastic approach to working with children and a commitment to their wellbeing and care.
- Experience of managing pupil behaviour/emotional needs
- Ability to empathise with the needs of children and in particular able to establish positive relationships with pupils.
Our school is one of seven primary and secondary schools within the NEAT Academy Trust family of schools. At the heart of our trust is the aim to nurture, educate, achieve and transform the lives of all young people within the communities we serve across the North East.
At Central Walker C of E Primary School our dedicated and caring staff work hard to achieve high standards by providing a nurturing environment where all children can flourish. We are committed to developing positive relationships between children, staff, parents and the wider community.
In return we offer:
- A positive and caring Christian ethos.
- Great opportunities for continuing professional development and a career pathway across the trust.
- A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued.
- The benefit of working in a highly collaborative multi academy trust.
- Membership of the Local Government Pensions Scheme which the trust also contributes to on your behalf.
- Recognition of previous service with other schools, academies, local government etc.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), delivered by Health Assured – the UK and Ireland’s leading wellbeing provider.
- Good public transport links via Tyne and Wear Metro and road links from the A19 and A1058 Coast Road.
Like more information? For an informal discussion about the posts, please feel free to contact the school on 0191 224 0222.
Interested? If you would like to join us and feel you could thrive here, then please read the accompanying Person Specification and Job Description and complete an application form by clicking ‘apply now’ no later than midnight on Sunday 3rd February 2024.
NEAT is committed to safer recruitment practice and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a satisfactory Enhanced DBS from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required as part of pre-employment checks. For shortlisted candidates, we will conduct an online search as part of our screening.
NEAT Academy Trust
NEAT Academy Trust, usually known as NEAT, was formed in 2017 from an existing collaboration of schools within North East England.
Academy trusts are charitable companies set up to provide education for the public benefit. We are a “mixed” multi-academy trust as we were established to include both non-faith and Church of England schools.Visit School Website