Learning Support Assistant Level 2
NEAT Academy Trust
N3 £23,114 - £23,500 per annum (Actual salary £17,433 - £17,723)
16th Nov 2023
We are seeking to appoint vibrant and hardworking Support Assistants who are flexible and willing to provide classroom support under the direction of the teacher, to support the learning and personal development of all our children.
Our school is one of six primary and secondary schools within the NEAT Academy Trust family of schools. At the heart of our trust is the aim to nurture, educate, achieve and transform the lives of all young people within the communities we serve across the North East. We have a national research school, which aims to build and strengthen networks of schools throughout the region and help them access effective education research and implement it in everyday practice.
Our school motto is ‘Together we make a difference’. At Walkergate Community School we are lucky enough to have a passionate workforce who all care for and respect the fantastic children of our school. As a research school, we are dedicated to school improvement and we all aim to provide a happy, safe and engaging school environment for the children and our staff too.
We are looking for Support Assistants who can inspire and who have:
- Knowledge of the primary curriculum
- Learning Assistant level 2 qualification or equivalent
- Motivation to work with children and young people
- Emotional resilience when working with challenging behaviours
In return we offer:
- Great opportunities for continuing professional development and a career pathway across the trust.
- A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued.
- The benefit of working in a highly collaborative multi academy trust.
- Membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme or Local Government Pensions Scheme which the trust also contributes to on your behalf.
- Recognition of previous service with other schools, academies, local government etc.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), delivered by Health Assured – the UK and Ireland’s leading wellbeing provider.
- Good public transport links via Tyne and Wear Metro and road links from the A19 and A1058 Coast Road.
Interested? If you would like to join us and feel you could thrive here, then please read the accompanying job description and person specification and complete an application form via North East Jobs using this link https://www.northeastjobs.org.uk/job/Learning_Support_Assistant_Level_2/252400 no later than midnight on 16th November 2023.
NEAT is committed to safer recruitment practice and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a satisfactory Enhanced DBS from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required as part of pre-employment checks. For shortlisted candidates, we will conduct an online search as part of our screening.
NEAT Academy Trust
NEAT Academy Trust, usually known as NEAT, was formed in 2017 from an existing collaboration of schools within North East England.
Academy trusts are charitable companies set up to provide education for the public benefit. We are a “mixed” multi-academy trust as we were established to include both non-faith and Church of England schools.Visit School Website