Learning Support Assistant
East Herrington Primary Academy
£13,360 – £13,938 (Actual)
37 Hours per week, Term Time Only
Salary: Grade C SCP 11-13 (£15,807 – £16,491) pro rata to hours and weeks worked. Actual salary £13,360.46 – £13,938.59.
Contract: 37 hours per week, Term Time Only (39 weeks) Fixed Term contract for 1 year initially, dependent upon EHCP funding
Required:19th February 2018 or as soon as possible after this date
The Headteacher and Governing Body wish to appoint a committed, flexible and enthusiastic teaching assistant to join our inclusive academy. You will be required to work as part of a team, supporting the learning for groups of children including pupils with an identified SEN who are supported through EHCP funding
The successful candidate will:
- Have high standards and expectations for all children;
- The ability to lead the learning for groups of children, supporting them to achieve their full potential;
- Be enthusiastic and an excellent role model to pupils;
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Be able to develop positive working relationships with children, staff and parents
We can offer:
- A committed and supportive staff team
- A well resourced school environment
- A commitment to your professional development
- Fabulous children
Completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to East Herrington Primary Academy, Balmoral Terrace, East Herrington, Sunderland, SR3 3PR.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a criminal record check from the Criminal Records Bureau (now Disclosure and Baring Service).
EHPA safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
Closing Date: 5:00pm Thursday 25th January 2018
Interviews: Week beginning 5th February 2018
Supporting documentsApplication Form
Other Supporting Documents:Job Description Person Specification
East Herrington Primary Academy
At East Herrington Primary Academy we provide nursery and primary education to children aged 3-11 years. We endeavour to provide a happy, safe and caring environment in which children feel secure and valued and everyone can achieve their true potential. We value the talents of each individual and work closely with parents to ensure that everyone achieves their very best.
We aim to:-
- Nourish the talents of our children, widen their horizons and develop their appetite for learning, enabling them to live life to the full.
- Give children the feeling that they can cope with their environment with a sense of confidence in themselves as a significant, competent person.
- Encourage children to feel capable of handling situations which challenge their intellectual, personal, spiritual and moral values, showing tolerance of others and ultimately to be equipped for life in a fast-changing society.
- Provide a clear moral code as a basis for behaviour which is promoted consistently through all aspects of school life. We expect children to take responsibility for their actions, to respect property, take care of each other and the environment. Pupils are given opportunities to explore their own values and beliefs whilst gaining an understanding of other cultures and considering the impact that this has on people’s lives.
The school is part of Balmoral Learning Trust multi-academy trust. Balmoral Learning T rust takes a partnership approach to governance and education. The schools within our trust are deeply passionate about the role that education plays in the lives of their pupils and together we foster a trust-wide focus on collaborative and supportive working to ensure the best outcomes for our children.Visit School Website