Learning Support Assistant
Unity City Academy
NJC12 - NCJ 19 £24,496 - £27,852 - Actual salary: £17,008.46 - 19,338.65
30 hours a week, 39 weeks per week TTO plus PD days
23rd Oct 2023
Learning Support Assistant
Middlesbrough, CLEVELAND, TS3 8RE
Salary: NJC12 – NCJ 19 £24,496 – £27,852 – Actual salary: £17,008.46 – 19,338.65
Hours: 30 hours a week, 39 weeks per week TTO plus PD days
Start Date: Immediate Start
Unity City Academy is a successful and growing provider of 11 to 16 education in the east end of Middlesbrough. The Academy has recently achieved an Ofsted “Good” rating in all categories and has over 900 students on roll, 64% of whom are pupil premium. UCA is part of AET which in turn means we have access to a wide range of training and educational opportunities.
Unity City Academy has an incredibly passionate staff body that strives to ensure that children do not just achieve academic excellence but that our students are worldwise, cultured and proud of their individuality.
As part of the UCA family you will have:
- A huge amount of job satisfaction working with the local community to best support young people in the school;
- Access to training and personal development packages such as the opportunity to complete a wide variety of NPQs;
- A robust CPD schedule which has different tiers depending upon your need and position within the academy and based upon the core principles of learning.
- The ability for career progression in a growing Academy;
- The opportunity to be brave and creative in well-resourced classrooms;
- The chance to work in an Academy which strives to be at the centre of its local community, providing the highest standards of education and a strong desire for every child to succeed;
Access to Employee Benefits package which includes:
Healthcare scheme, BHSF, along with the Teachers’ Pension and Local Government Pension scheme. Employees have also had access to the government approved Child Care Voucher Scheme through Sodexo (if eligible).
Healthier employees and healthier families:
- Cycle to work scheme
- Online bike scheme
- Travel and leisure scheme
- Vivup Employee Assistance Programme
- Gym membership
- Affordable loan schemes
- Discount scheme – access the best deals from the UK’s major retailers, supermarkets, dining out, leisure activities and much more
- Financial advice
- Home electronics and mobile phone scheme
Unity City Academy has six maxims which drives our vision and aspirations. These are:
- Excellence is a habit: high expectations and high performance;
- Aim high: results without excuses;
- Individuals matter: equality and diversity;
- Community and family: people first;
- Worldwise: citizens of tomorrow;
- Culture: fun and fundamentals.
We are seeking to appoint a highly effective individual to provide an efficient and high-quality support service to our SEN students at Unity City Academy and champion teaching strategies and interventions for students. Specific support for KS4 Core subjects is a consideration for the successful candidate therefore an understanding of the National Curriculum is essential.
In particular, we are seeking an individual who will:
- promote the inclusion of students.
- liaise with the class teacher to work with students to target identified learning needs.
- work with subject teachers to ensure lesson materials are used effectively in order for students to make the expected progress towards their target levels.
- work with subject teachers to identify the students strengths and weaknesses and contribute to SMART target setting specific to their progress and as outlined in their SEND Support Plan or EHCP.
This post is ideal for a dynamic, flexible individual who is passionate about sustainably improving standards and outcomes for our students.
About Academies Enterprise Trust
AET was established in 2008 and is now a national network of 57 primary, secondary, and special schools. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive network which spans nearly every region in England. We want our people to be empowered to do their best work, supported by the best leadership they’ve ever had, so that we provide an excellent education to every child, in every classroom.
With excellent leadership and teaching in every school, we will help children go on to lead successful and happy lives. We acknowledge and appreciate the exceptional efforts of all our people.
AET Staff Benefits
Career development and training: AET offers a wide range of statutory and developmental training to help you succeed in your career.
Great pension | Healthcare cashback and helpline | Employee assistance programme
Free financial advice | Salary advances | Affordable loan scheme | Electric car and bike schemes
Lifestyle savings | Discounted gym membership | Travel and leisure scheme
This position is due to start immediately.
Closing Date: Monday 23rd October 2023
Interviews are scheduled to take place as soon as possible after the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Apply today.
Academies Enterprise Trust and all of our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We adopt a robust, fair and consistent recruitment process which is inline with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance. This includes online checks for shortlisted candidates. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for Teacher Training placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetschools.org/itt/ for further details.
Supporting documentsApplication Form
Unity City Academy
Welcome to Unity City Academy where our vision is of a school in which staff and students have a determination to succeed, a love of learning, pride in the academy and a strength of character. We are committed to ensuring that all students are equipped with the academic and emotional skills which will allow them to lead successful and fulfilling lives.
All students follow a vision programme which aims to develop nine key character traits (curiosity, courage, empathy, enthusiasm, gratitude, integrity, resilience, self-belief and self-control). These character traits have been shown to boost academic performance and increase the chances of future success. Tutors and pupils work closely to develop these characteristics, tracking pupil progress throughout the year and intervening where necessary.
In addition to the character development which takes place in academic learning sessions, students are invited to take part in a range of extracurricular activities and enrichment. These sessions focus on developing character traits and additional skills which will complement students’ academic achievements. This offering is supplemented by three ‘Super Citizen Days’ which allow students to spend additional time developing their understanding of social norms, future opportunities and British values.Visit School Website