Learning Support Assistant
Discover Learning Trust
£16,504 (Pro Rata)
30th Oct 2023
SCHOOL: Oxclose Community Academy
Address: Dilston Close, NE38 0LN
Tel: (0191) 4195120
Headteacher: Mrs P Hegarty
Number on Roll: 1136
Position: Learning Support Assistant
32.5 hours per week (8:30 – 15:00)
Fixed Term – initial one year contract
Term Time Only – 39 Weeks
Start Date: as soon as possible
Salary: NJC 6 (Pro Rata) – £16,504
Are you looking for a new challenge that allows you to care for children and adolescents whilst supporting them to achieve their very best education?
Are you interested in working term time only, enjoying 12 weeks of holiday each year?
Oxclose Community Academy is a popular, over-subscribed 11-16 Secondary Academy which houses the Sunderland LEA resource provision for physical disabilities. Due to expanding numbers of pupils with SEN needs, we are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to join our growing academy team.
We are looking for a highly dedicated individual to work with our children and join our supportive team. Experience of working with children and young people is preferable, but not essential as we appreciate a wide range of skills is required to support our young people.
Further benefits include:
- Regular and sociable hours between 8-3.30pm
- Free parking
- Access to Government Pension Scheme
- Free access to Pulse gym facilities
- A friendly and supportive work environment
- Regular training and professional development
- Guaranteed Christmas, Easter, half term and school holidays off work
- A competitive salary
For more information about the post, or an application pack, please contact the Laura Fittes via email: email@example.com
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The school is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. As part of our due diligence and to comply with our obligations in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education, an online search of publicly available information will be undertaken for all shortlisted candidates. The successful applicant will be subject to provide an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing Date: Midday – Monday 30th October 2023
Interview Date: Friday 3rd November 2023
Supporting documentsApplication Form
Other Supporting Documents:Learning Support Assistant Job Advert Learning Support Assistant Job Description
Discover Learning Trust
The Discover Learning Trust
The Discover Learning Trust, a Multi Academy Trust, was established in 2013, following the sponsorship of Oxclose Village Primary School by Oxclose Community Academy. The Trust is responsible for the operation of two schools – Oxclose Primary Academy and Oxclose Community Academy (Secondary 11-16) in Washington, part of the City of Sunderland, Tyne and Wear. A unique feature of both schools is that we manage the physical and medical special needs specialist provision for Sunderland.
- To make a difference to our young people regardless of background
- To provide the skills and knowledge for all our young people to succeed in education, employment and life
- To be recognised as a first class inclusive, community based centre of academic excellence
- We serve, support and challenge our local communities with high aspirations for all in an inclusive, child centred culture
- We safeguard all members of our school communities
- We promote a culture of opportunity, tolerance, respect and care
- We aim to fulfil the potential of every individual
- We provide personalised academic opportunities through our broad curriculum provision to ensure success for all
- We provide the skills, knowledge and attitudes for all our young people to progress confidently and become successful, global citizens
- Inclusivity – Equal opportunity for everyone. Everyone is important
- Integrity – Everyone does the right thing
- Innovation – Everyone has the opportunity to be creative in their work
- Aspiration – Everyone is encouraged to be the best they can be
- Accountability – Everyone is responsible
- Resilient – Everyone is encouraged to develop strength of character