KS3 Horizons Manager
Unity City Academy
NJC13-19 (FTE) Actual salary - £23,011 - £25,498
37 hours per week (39 weeks a year TT+5 days)
18th Feb 2024
Salary: NJC13-19 (FTE) Actual salary – £23,011 – £25,498 + AET Wellbeing Cash Plan + Car Scheme + Pension Scheme (LGPS) + Additional AET Benefits
Hours: 37 hours per week (39 weeks a year TT+5 days)
Start Date: ASAP
Unity City Academy is a successful and growing provider of 11 to 16 education in the east end of Middlesbrough. The Academy has recently achieved an Ofsted “Good” rating in all categories and has over 900 students on roll, 64% of whom are pupil premium. UCA is part of AET which in turn means we have access to a wide range of training and educational opportunities.
Unity City Academy has an incredibly passionate staff body that strives to ensure that children do not just achieve academic excellence but that our students are worldwise, cultured and proud of their individuality.
Unity City Academy have begun their search for a Horizons manager who is passionate about supporting children and young people who have often found school a challenge.
We are keen to appoint someone who:
- Has an understanding of the challenges students can face
- Has experience of working in a very inclusive school
- Will help us to foster a culture of reflection, resilience and ambition
- Is keen to work with small groups of challenging students to help them overcome the barriers to education.
Our ideal candidate would be somebody who wants to develop their practice and engage with more challenging students.
This is an exciting time and opportunity for the right candidate to join our school. If you think you have the necessary skills to make a difference to our learners, and wish to contribute to our culture of aspiration and achievement, we would like to hear from you.
The ideal candidate will:
- Already have experience in schools
- Bring an unwavering commitment to promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning across the Academy;
- Have a relentless obsession about developing all aspects of small group and alternative education teaching and learning;
- Be a committed team player;
- Have the ability to engage, inspire and build excellent relationships with both students and staff;
- Be committed to Unity City Academy’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses;
- Be passionate and ambitious about their own career development
As part of the UCA family you will have:
- A huge amount of job satisfaction working with the local community to best support young people in the school;
- Access to training and personal development packages such as the opportunity to complete a wide variety of NPQs;
- A robust CPD schedule which has different tiers depending upon your need and position within the academy and based upon the core principles of learning.
- The ability for career progression in a growing Academy;
- The opportunity to be brave and creative in well-resourced classrooms;
- The chance to work in an Academy which strives to be at the centre of its local community, providing the highest standards of education and a strong desire for every child to succeed;
If you think Unity City Academy is the place for you and your career to develop, please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, to arrange a tour or to visit.
Unity City Academy has six maxims which drives our vision and aspirations. These are:
- Excellence is a habit: high expectations and high performance;
- Aim high: results without excuses;
- Individuals matter: equality and diversity;
- Community and family: people first;
- Worldwise: citizens of tomorrow;
- Culture: fun and fundamentals.
The role is due to commence ASAP
Closing date: 18th Feb 2024
Interviews are scheduled to take place as soon as possible after the closing date
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Click here to apply: https://aet.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/4323?c=aet&source=jobsinnortheast
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Supporting documentsApplication Form
Unity City Academy
Welcome to Unity City Academy where our vision is of a school in which staff and students have a determination to succeed, a love of learning, pride in the academy and a strength of character. We are committed to ensuring that all students are equipped with the academic and emotional skills which will allow them to lead successful and fulfilling lives.
All students follow a vision programme which aims to develop nine key character traits (curiosity, courage, empathy, enthusiasm, gratitude, integrity, resilience, self-belief and self-control). These character traits have been shown to boost academic performance and increase the chances of future success. Tutors and pupils work closely to develop these characteristics, tracking pupil progress throughout the year and intervening where necessary.
In addition to the character development which takes place in academic learning sessions, students are invited to take part in a range of extracurricular activities and enrichment. These sessions focus on developing character traits and additional skills which will complement students’ academic achievements. This offering is supplemented by three ‘Super Citizen Days’ which allow students to spend additional time developing their understanding of social norms, future opportunities and British values.Visit School Website