Norham High School
Norham High school is seeking to appoint a teacher of geography with ability to teach RE to join a strong Humanities Faculty. We are looking to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic teacher with high expectations, who will be passionate about their subject and are able to inspire and motivate young people. They must be committed to the highest standards of teaching and learning, through lesson planning and high quality assessment.
To be successful, you will:
- be an excellent practitioner who thinks creatively and has the potential and desire to continue to improve
- have a passion for Humanities subjects, especially Geography and RE along with excellent subject knowledge and be able to communicate this to students. Experience of teaching the new Geography Edexcel Specification A would be an advantage
- be an effective and committed team player who values the opportunity to take risks and who relishes challenge.
- be committed to outstanding classroom practise, including developing positive classroom management strategies
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will require the successful applicant to apply for an enhanced disclosure with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Supporting documentsApplication Form
Norham High School
At Norham High School we believe in offering all our pupils the highest quality education in a safe, happy and caring environment. Every individual is a valued member of the school community and is given access to a wide range of learning opportunities. We have high expectations of ourselves and our pupils and we want every pupil to develop their talents and to succeed.
We believe that all of our pupils from all backgrounds and of all abilities should have access to:
• High quality teaching to enable pupils to achieve their potential
• Excellent pastoral care and support for all pupils
• An exciting curriculum that supports pupils in raising their aspirations and achieving success
• A wide range of extra curricular activities that will engage, motivate and excite pupils
• Strong partnerships with other schools, business and industry, post 16 providers and the local community
All of our pupils can and should become capable, committed, caring, creative adults who leave their world, their country, their community and their family much better than they found them. We believe this is possible for every one of our pupils.
Our exam results are improving rapidly and not one pupil left without qualifications this year. We want the very best and want our pupils to aspire to be the very best. We know with your support we can achieve this for all the young people who make up our school community.
Our three way partnership between the pupil, school and home has proven crucial to supporting pupils to achieve success and we encourage regular contact, both formal and informal, throughout the year.
We are very proud of our school. If you would like to know more you are most welcome to visit us on our open days or to contact us to make an appointment.Visit School Website
Applying by post
For further information and to download an application form please visit our web-site (Join Us Section) at www.norhamhigh.com or, alternatively, to receive an application pack, telephone the school on 0191 2005062 or email the school at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for completed applications, to be addressed to Mrs S Lee, is 27th March 12 noon
CLOSING TIME AND DATE: 12 noon 27th March 2018.