Unity City Academy
NJC12-19 (FTE) Actual salary - £20,977 - £23,851 + AET Wellbeing Cash Plan + Pension Scheme (LGPS) + Additional AET Benefits
37 hours a week, 39 weeks per week TTO plus PD days
30th Oct 2023
Unity City Academy is a successful and growing provider of 11 to 16 education in the east end of Middlesbrough. The Academy has recently achieved an Ofsted “Good” rating in all categories and has over 900 students on roll, 64% of whom are pupil premium. UCA is part of AET which in turn means we have access to a wide range of training and educational opportunities.
Unity City Academy has an incredibly passionate staff body that strives to ensure that children do not just achieve academic excellence but that our students are worldwise, cultured and proud of their individuality.
As part of the UCA family you will have:
- A huge amount of job satisfaction working with the local community to best support young people in the school;
- Access to training and personal development packages such as the opportunity to complete a wide variety of NPQs;
- A robust CPD schedule which has different tiers depending upon your need and position within the academy and based upon the core principles of learning.
- The ability for career progression in a growing Academy;
- The opportunity to be brave and creative in well-resourced classrooms;
- The chance to work in an Academy which strives to be at the centre of its local community, providing the highest standards of education and a strong desire for every child to succeed;
Access to Employee Benefits package which includes:
healthcare scheme, BHSF, along with the Teachers’ Pension and Local Government Pension scheme. Employees have also had access to the government approved Child Care Voucher Scheme through Sodexo (if eligible).
Healthier employees and healthier families:
- Cycle to work scheme
- Online bike scheme
- Travel and leisure scheme
- Vivup Employee Assistance Programme
- Gym membership
- Affordable loan schemes
- Discount scheme – access the best deals from the UK’s major retailers, supermarkets, dining out, leisure activities and much more
- Financial advice
- Home electronics and mobile phone scheme
If you think Unity City Academy is the place for you and your career to develop, please contact us for more information.
Unity City Academy has six maxims which drives our vision and aspirations. These are:
- Excellence is a habit: high expectations and high performance;
- Aim high: results without excuses;
- Individuals matter: equality and diversity;
- Community and family: people first;
- Worldwise: citizens of tomorrow;
- Culture: fun and fundamentals.
Unity City Academy have begun their search for a Horizons manager who is passionate about supporting children and young people who have often found school a challenge.
We are keen to appoint someone who:
- Has an understanding of the challenges students can face
- Has experience of working in a very inclusive school
- Will help us to foster a culture of reflection, resilience and ambition
- Is keen to work with small groups of challenging students to help them overcome the barriers to education.
Our ideal candidate would be somebody who wants to develop their practice and engage with more challenging students.
This is an exciting time and opportunity for the right candidate to join our school. If you think you have the necessary skills to make a difference to our learners, and wish to contribute to our culture of aspiration and achievement, we would like to hear from you.
The ideal candidate will:
- Already have experience in schools
- Bring an unwavering commitment to promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning across the Academy;
Have a relentless obsession about developing all aspects of small group and alternative education teaching and learning;
- Be a committed team player;
- Have the ability to engage, inspire and build excellent relationships with both students and staff;
- Be committed to Unity City Academy’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses;
- Be passionate and ambitious about their own career development
About Academies Enterprise Trust
AET was established in 2008 and is now a national network of 57 primary, secondary, and special schools. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive network which spans nearly every region in England. We want our people to be empowered to do their best work, supported by the best leadership they’ve ever had, so that we provide an excellent education to every child, in every classroom.
With excellent leadership and teaching in every school, we will help children go on to lead successful and happy lives. We acknowledge and appreciate the exceptional efforts of all our people.
AET Staff Benefits
Career development and training: AET offers a wide range of statutory and developmental training to help you succeed in your career.
- Great pension | Healthcare cashback and helpline | Employee assistance programme
- Free financial advice | Salary advances | Affordable loan scheme | Electric car and bike schemes
- Lifestyle savings | Discounted gym membership | Travel and leisure scheme
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Apply today.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
AET is recruiting for Teacher Training placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetschools.org/itt/ for further details.
Supporting documentsJob Description
Unity City Academy
Welcome to Unity City Academy where our vision is of a school in which staff and students have a determination to succeed, a love of learning, pride in the academy and a strength of character. We are committed to ensuring that all students are equipped with the academic and emotional skills which will allow them to lead successful and fulfilling lives.
All students follow a vision programme which aims to develop nine key character traits (curiosity, courage, empathy, enthusiasm, gratitude, integrity, resilience, self-belief and self-control). These character traits have been shown to boost academic performance and increase the chances of future success. Tutors and pupils work closely to develop these characteristics, tracking pupil progress throughout the year and intervening where necessary.
In addition to the character development which takes place in academic learning sessions, students are invited to take part in a range of extracurricular activities and enrichment. These sessions focus on developing character traits and additional skills which will complement students’ academic achievements. This offering is supplemented by three ‘Super Citizen Days’ which allow students to spend additional time developing their understanding of social norms, future opportunities and British values.Visit School Website