Castle View Enterprise Academy
County Durham, Darlington, Gateshead, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Newcastle, North Tyneside, Northumberland, Redcar & Cleveland, South Tyneside, Stockton-on-Tees, Sunderland
Scale 5, Point 12-17
Full Time/Term Time Only
17th Nov 2023
Castle View Enterprise Academy are seeking to appoint a confident, enthusiastic and experienced HLTA who is resilient, open-minded and determined to make a positive contribution to the learning and development of our students. (A background of working with young people with SEN needs and behaviour difficulties would be an advantage).
In your role as Higher Level Teaching Assistant, you will assist within the SEND Department in raising standards of pupil achievement. You will deliver a range of teaching and learning activities, under the direction and supervision of SENDCo, to pupils with EHCPs and Support Plans. Interventions typically focus on emotional literacy, social skills, independence, numeracy and literacy. This is a varied role, which involves supporting pupils in individual special educational needs, both in class, small group and on a one-to-one basis.
This involves: working as a mentor and working in small groups; providing administrative support to the SENDCo, including the development of support plans, writing of reports and coordination work with other professionals.
You should have previous experience in a similar role, be a team player and be keen to make a difference to the lives of our pupils. You should have high levels of literacy. If you are looking to join a passionate and hardworking team, who continuously strive to give our pupils the support they need to flourish, this role could be for you.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate:
• Both knowledge and experience of SEND
• Behaviour management skills; managing behaviour in a small classroom setting
• Ability to confidently lead and deliver small group intervention sessions that target literacy, numeracy and social and emotional needs
• Experience in setting SMART targets and working with support plans
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proactive in your day-to-day working and the ability to use your own initiative.