Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
Park View School
SCP12 - SCP17 + allowance (£22,571 - £24,920 + £1,347 per annum)
Required for September 2022
Park View School is seeking to employ a highly motivated Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) to join our student centred SEN team from September 2022. The role is an exciting and attractive one for a suitable candidate who possesses a dynamic skill set that can bring out the best in students. The successful candidate will assist the school in supporting students’ transition to Park View, promoting inclusion and ensuring they are able to access their education and learning experience at the school.
The successful candidate will:
- Have values that match that of the school’s; excellence, integrity, pride, compassion, open-mindedness, kindness and participation for all.
- Be experienced in pastoral care in an educational setting and will have students’ best interests at the heart of their practice.
- Up to date knowledge of national developments in student support and SEN.
- Have experience of working with students with SEND or managing difficult behaviours.
- Have an uncompromising, ambitious drive to ensure the best outcomes for all students in their care at Park View.
- Have the ability to build positive relationships with all students in their care, regardless of their background.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with parents, carers, partners and the community, that enhance the education of all students in a setting.
- Be resilient and have the ability to use their initiative and make sound decisions in a calm and considered way whilst upholding the high standards expected for all in the school.
The school is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare and safety of children, and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Further details about this post are attached.
The application form can be found here
Our Equality and Diversity form (optional) can be completed here.
Deadline for completed applications to be received: Thursday 7th July 2022 8am
Park View School
Park View is a forward thinking, exciting and, most important of all, happy school where children of all abilities, aptitudes and social backgrounds achieve. This has given us a reputation for excellence within the locality of which we are exceptionally proud.
We have been at the heart of Chester-le-Street since 1911, first as the town’s grammar school and latterly as its largest Academy. Our roots in the community are long-established and inform all that we do: thus, although we are innovative and offer children a 21st Century education of real worth, we cherish and foster traditional values.
We passionately believe that all young people can achieve if challenged to do so, that each has in them special qualities, talents and strengths which it is the duty of true educators to develop. It is this moral imperative which drives us, providing an unflinching focus upon the continued improvement necessary for us to realise our ambition: to be an outstanding school which provides the very best educational experience for all in our care.
To succeed in our ambition, we work closely in partnership with parents and carers. We rely upon support from home and are delighted that the vast majority of our families make an unconditional commitment to trust their children to our care, reinforcing our standards by supporting school actions. It is this mutual trust which sits at the heart of the school and is one of our greatest strengths.
We have excellent transport links: the school is situated half a mile from Junction 63 of the A1(M) motorway, and the local train station is only 5 minutes walk from our main school site. Chester-le-Street also has a wide variety of leisure facilities, all within walking distance of our school.Visit School Website