Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust
Grade F – SCP 14-19 (£25,409 - £27,852 per annum, pro rata)
37 hours per week, Full time, 39 weeks (Term Time plus 5 days)
9th Jul 2023
Location: St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School, Consett, Durham, DH8 6LN
Grade: Grade F – SCP 14-19 (£25,409 – £27,852 per annum, pro rata)
Hours: 37 hours per week, Full time, 39 weeks (Term Time plus 5 days), Permanent
St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School, Consett is warm and welcoming primary school. Our happy pupils are excited to learn and to contribute to the school community. They aspire highly and are guided by nurturing, talented staff and dedicated governors who seek excellence in and for all.
We are proud to be part of the Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, a family of secondary, middle, primary and first schools in Durham, Gateshead, Northumberland and Sunderland. Bishop Wilkinson is the largest catholic education trust in the North East of England, which will have a total of 48 schools. This is an exciting time to join our supportive, and growing team.
We are looking to appoint:
An enthusiastic, proactive person with a positive attitude.
We are seeking an individual to:
- Establish good relationships, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate
- Be aware of pupil problems/progress/achievements and reporting as agreed
- Promote good pupil behaviour, in line with school policy, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour
- Be committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of children and young people.
- Be aware of and complying with school policies/procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, behaviour, anti-bullying, anti-racism, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Be aware of and supporting difference, ensuring all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Contribute to the overall Catholic ethos/work/aims of the school
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- Attend and participate in training and development activities as required.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues as part of a professional team; and carrying out roles effectively.
- Reflect upon and seeking to improve personal practice.
The successful candidate will have:
- Good standard of education – 5 GCSE’s
- HLTA qualification or equivalent
- Experience of delivering whole class and group teaching
- A successful track record, minimum of two years of working with children (paid or unpaid)
- Ability to work within a team
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum
- Practising Catholic or willing to support the Catholic practices of our school.
The successful applicant will be expected to work effectively in any part of the school to help teaching staff provide excellent learning opportunities for our children.
For an application form and further details about this vacancy please visit our website http://bwcet.com/vacancies/ where applications can be completed online.
Closing date: Sunday 9th July 2023
Interview dates: TBC
The Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, formerly The Trinity Catholic Multi Academy Trust was set up on 1 February 2012. Cardinal Hume Catholic School, Gateshead was the first school in the trust.
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, is currently a family of 5 secondary schools and 21 primary schools from across Gateshead, Sunderland, Durham and Northumberland, in the west of the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle. The Trust is expanding rapidly and will reach a total of 48 schools by Summer 2022.
We feel very privileged to be able to work with our wonderful children and the amazingly gifted and dedicated staff and leaders across all of our schools. Our motivation and general philosophy are built on ever improving standards of discipline, nurture and care, teaching and learning and quality of leadership. Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust will be a partnership that affirms the dignity of the individual. The person is at the heart of Christ’s teaching: this is why the promotion of the human person is the goal of our Trust.Visit School Website