Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust
Leadership L15 - L21 (£62,561 - £72,483 per annum)
24th Nov 2023
Location: St Mary’s Catholic Primary School, Blackhill, DH8 8JD
Grade: Leadership L15 – L21 (£62,561 – £72,483 per annum)
Hours: Permanent, Full time
Required as soon as possible.
Applications are invited from practising and committed Catholics for the post of Headteacher at St Mary’s Catholic Primary School, Blackhill, to lead the school in the next exciting phase of its development.
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School is proud to be part of the Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, a family of secondary, middle, primary and first schools in Durham, Gateshead, Northumberland and Sunderland. Bishop Wilkinson is the largest Catholic Education Trust in the North East of England, comprising of 47 schools. Our Trust is committed to the support and development of all staff. We will ensure that our new Headteacher is nurtured by the education team so that they feel fully equipped to flourish in their new role.
A Christian ethos lies at the heart of St Mary’s Catholic School community, with particular emphasis being placed upon the nurturing in each child of a knowledge and love of the Catholic faith. We foster relationships which reflect our values and attitudes of care, respect and trust between children, staff, governors, parents and parishioners. We strive to enable each child to grow; aspiring to excellence and beyond the limits of potential.
We wish our new Headteacher to be a great people person. Someone who can lead by example, motivate a team and is driven to make St Mary’s Blackhill the best possible place to be for our pupils and staff.
The successful candidate will have high expectations for all our pupils, driving forward academic excellence, and expertise to ensure that St Mary’s Catholic Primary School continues to thrive. Above all, we wish to appoint as Headteacher, a leader who:
- Is a committed, practising Catholic with a clear vision and strong commitment to Catholic education;
- Brings strong, forward-thinking leadership, and has a clear strategic vision and drive to build upon the existing success of our school;
- Will have high expectations of all our pupils, driving forward academic excellence and nurturing the special gifts which make each child unique;
- Will develop strong relationships with the parish and the wider school community;
- Is an exemplary primary practitioner with a proven track record in raising standards in teaching and learning;
- Has the necessary drive to pursue and achieve the highest expectation for pupils’ attainment, progress and personal development;
- Has the ability to lead, inspire, empower and motivate all members of the school community to find Christ in each other;
- Has the ability to set high expectations and targets for staff to improve outcomes for pupils;
- Will encourage and provide our children, a rich and inspiring curriculum; and
- Will seek to promote, to the utmost, the development of every child’s personal wholeness, integrity, gifts and creativity in a welcoming and loving school community.
Our school is warm and welcoming to all who join us. We can offer:
- A caring, friendly and happy school with well-behaved, confident pupils who are proud of their school and feel safe within their school environment;
- Dedicated and caring staff, who are enthusiastic and deliver a vibrant curriculum;
- A commitment to CPD for all staff;
- Strong and active partnerships with the Parish Priest, the Parish, parents/carers, the local community, the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle and the Trust; and
- A supportive, ambitious and active Local Governing Committee, which is committed to continuous improvement and excellence.
How to Apply:
To complete an application form please download the application pack below and return your completed application pack to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the closing date.
Visits to the school are welcome and arranged on request. Please email email@example.com to request a school visit.
Closing date: 24/11/2023 at 12 noon
Shortlisting date: 27/11/2023
Liturgy and School Based Activities and Formal Interview: 07/12/2023
The Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, formerly The Trinity Catholic Multi Academy Trust was set up on 1 February 2012. Cardinal Hume Catholic School, Gateshead was the first school in the trust.
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, is currently a family of 5 secondary schools and 21 primary schools from across Gateshead, Sunderland, Durham and Northumberland, in the west of the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle. The Trust is expanding rapidly and will reach a total of 48 schools by Summer 2022.
We feel very privileged to be able to work with our wonderful children and the amazingly gifted and dedicated staff and leaders across all of our schools. Our motivation and general philosophy are built on ever improving standards of discipline, nurture and care, teaching and learning and quality of leadership. Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust will be a partnership that affirms the dignity of the individual. The person is at the heart of Christ’s teaching: this is why the promotion of the human person is the goal of our Trust.Visit School Website