Cheviot Learning Trust
L10 - L17 £55,360 - £65,699 per annum (Pay Award Pending)
6th Oct 2023
Required for January 2024
We are seeking to appoint a talented and inspirational headteacher who will build upon the existing strengths of Morpeth All Saints Church of England First School and will lead the school on the next phase of its development. Morpeth All Saints was judged to be a ‘Good’ school by Ofsted inspectors in June 2022. The school’s religious character is Christian and the school is part of the Diocese of Durham and Newcastle.
Morpeth All Saints is a thriving first school with a current PAN of 45 and over 224 pupils from EYFS to Year 4, situated on the edge of Morpeth in Northumberland. Morpeth is a 20 minute commute from Newcastle with good transport links including bus and rail networks. We welcome children from all backgrounds, and beliefs, recognising that every individual has a unique contribution to make enabling them to live life to the full both at Morpeth All Saints and in the wider community.
Morpeth All Saints is part of the Cheviot Learning Trust. Cheviot Learning Trust was created in September 2023 from a merger of Tyne Community Learning Trust and Three Rivers Learning Trust. The new Trust will enable our high quality staff from across all of our schools to cooperate through professional and innovative networks that develop the educational excellence all of our students deserve.
We educate over 5500 students across 18 schools between the ages of 2 and 19 and employ over 750 staff. We are a charity supported by over 150 governance volunteers who hold us to account in their role as critical friends.
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to develop your leadership and management skills in a supportive and welcoming environment
• A strong, dedicated and motivated whole school team who are strongly committed to the school and passionate about children’s learning and well-being
• The support and commitment of our Trustees and School Governing Board, parents, carers and friends of the school
• An attractive and well-maintained building
• A school that is genuinely at the heart of it’s community
We are looking for someone who:
• Is an excellent classroom practitioner who can motivate and engage our pupils in their learning journeys
• Is supportive of and able to develop the Church school ethos
• Can inspire the staff team with exciting and innovative ideas and is willing to embrace change
• Can engage and work with others to create a shared culture and positive climate
• Can continue to raise the quality of teaching and learning and pupil’s achievement, setting high expectations and monitoring and evaluating effectiveness of learning outcomes
• Has substantial knowledge and understanding of learning and teaching across the First School age range
To find out more about our school please visit the website www.morpethallsaints.com
Visits to the school will be warmly welcomed, and can be arranged by appointment with the Trust HR Manager, Dominique Flint.
Please contact Dominique on 0191 605 2031 (2905) or on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
Please return completed applications to email@example.com
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for the successful candidate.
The post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974
Cheviot Learning Trust
Cheviot Learning Trust was created in 2023 from a merger of Tyne Community Learning Trust and Three Rivers Learning Trust. The new Trust will enable our high quality staff from across all of our schools to cooperate through professional and innovative networks that develop the educational excellence all of our students deserve.Visit School Website