Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust
L15 – L21 (£62,561 – £72,483 per annum)
Full Time, Permanent
8th May 2023
Location: St Michael’s Catholic Primary School, Houghton-le-Spring
Grade: L15 – L21 (£62,561 – £72,483 per annum)
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
Required for September 2023/January 2024.
Applications are invited from practising and committed Catholics for the post of Headteacher at St Michael’s Catholic Primary School, to lead the school in the next exciting phase in its development. We are looking for an individual who has superb interpersonal skills, the ability to bring people together to work as a cohesive team and drive to build upon the existing success of the school.
At St Michael’s, we are focussed on living out our mission, ‘Learning together in faith and love, we shine as children of God’. St Michael’s in striving to be a Catholic community modelled on the Holy Family of Nazareth in the hope of creating an environment that will enable all to develop their full potential.
Since 2019, we have been part of the Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, a family of 5 secondary schools, 1 middle school, 1 first school and 40 primary schools from across Gateshead, Sunderland, Durham and Northumberland, in the west of the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle. The Headteacher in post at St Michael’s Catholic Primary School will be an important part of the Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust Primary Headteachers Group and will benefit from the support of the Trust and Chief Executive Officer. This is an exciting time to join our supportive, and growing team.
The successful candidate will have high expectations for all our pupils, driving forward academic excellence, and expertise to ensure that St Michael’s Catholic Primary School continues to thrive. Above all, we wish to appoint as Headteacher, a leader who:
- Is a committed, practising Catholic with a clear vision and strong commitment to Catholic education;
- Brings strong, forward thinking leadership, has a clear strategic vision and drive to build upon the existing success of our school;
- Will have high expectations of all our pupils, driving forward academic excellence and nurturing the special gifts which make each child unique;
- Will develop strong relationships with St Michael’s Parish and the wider school community;
- Is an exemplary primary practitioner with a proven track record in raising standards in teaching and learning;
- Has the necessary drive to pursue and achieve the highest expectation for pupils’ attainment, progress and personal development;
- Has the ability to lead, inspire, empower and motivate all members of the school community to find Christ in each other;
- Has the ability to set high expectations and targets for staff to improve outcomes for pupils;
- Will encourage and provide our children, a rich and inspiring curriculum; and
- Will seek to promote, to the utmost, the development of every child’s personal wholeness, integrity, gifts and creativity in a welcoming and loving school community.
Our school is warm and welcoming to all who join us. We can offer:
- A caring, friendly and happy school with well-behaved, confident and high-achieving pupils who are proud of their school and feel safe within their school environment;
- Dedicated and caring staff, who are enthusiastic and deliver a vibrant curriculum;
- A commitment to CPD for all staff;
- Strong and active partnerships with the Parish Priest, the Parish, parents/carers, the local community, the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle and the Trust; and
- A supportive, ambitious and active Local Governing Committee, which is committed to continuous improvement and excellence.
How to Apply:
To complete an application form please download the application pack below and return your completed application pack to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the closing date.
Visits to the school are welcome and arranged on request. Please email email@example.com to request a school visit.
Closing date: Monday 8th May 2023
Shortlisting date: Wednesday 10th May 2023
Liturgy and School Based Activities: Week commencing Monday 15th May 2023
Interview date: Friday 19th May 2023 (pm)
The Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, formerly The Trinity Catholic Multi Academy Trust was set up on 1 February 2012. Cardinal Hume Catholic School, Gateshead was the first school in the trust.
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, is currently a family of 5 secondary schools and 21 primary schools from across Gateshead, Sunderland, Durham and Northumberland, in the west of the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle. The Trust is expanding rapidly and will reach a total of 48 schools by Summer 2022.
We feel very privileged to be able to work with our wonderful children and the amazingly gifted and dedicated staff and leaders across all of our schools. Our motivation and general philosophy are built on ever improving standards of discipline, nurture and care, teaching and learning and quality of leadership. Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust will be a partnership that affirms the dignity of the individual. The person is at the heart of Christ’s teaching: this is why the promotion of the human person is the goal of our Trust.Visit School Website