Headteacher (Primary School)
Warkworth Primary School
L9-L15 (£53,973 - £62,561)
Required for Easter term or earlier.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to lead Warkworth Primary School, which is rated a “Good” school by Ofsted. Situated in the picturesque Northumberland village of Warkworth, the school provides education for children aged 2 to 11 years and is at the heart of its local community.
Working under the leadership of the Chief Executive Officer and the Director of Primary School Improvement, you will ensure high standards for all pupils in the school. You will be the leading professional and role model for the Warkworth community which you will serve. Your leadership will focus on ensuring high quality teaching and achievement through a well planned and delivered curriculum, and setting high aspirations and standards for staff, pupils and parents/carers alike.
You will also be part of the Executive Leadership Team of the NCEA Trust, which currently consists of six primary schools (including 2 Year old provisions), one secondary school and a school for children with special educational needs.
|WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
● Is an inspirational and motivational leader with a proven track record of raising standards and who has high expectations of pupils and staff.
● Is an excellent primary practitioner, with a passion for being actively involved in teaching and learning, who will continue to put our pupils’ learning and outcomes at the heart of every decision.
● Is committed to promoting and maintaining the Christian ethos of the Trust and school.
● Has senior leadership experience within the primary phase.
● Has a commitment to working with and engaging parents and carers in their children’s learning.
● Will promote the personal wellbeing of our pupils.
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER:
● A strong and supportive trust leadership team and enthusiastic, knowledgeable and dedicated staff at school level.
● A strong working partnership with other schools and Headteachers within our Trust.
● An outward facing school and Trust which work well within the local community.
● Pupils who are enthusiastic to succeed.
● A welcoming environment with a commitment to the development of staff and pupils.
● An exciting opportunity to take the next step in your career development.
We value each and every child as an individual, focusing on their holistic development and individual learning style. We have high expectations for all pupils and our exciting and challenging curriculum inspires pupils to become enthusiastic lifelong learners.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join a fantastic team at Warkworth, who are led by our Christian vision, ‘Strive together as one’. Our shared vision is for everyone to ‘motivate one another’ and become agents of change ‘through acts of love and good works’. ‘And let us not neglect meeting together’ (Hebrews 10: 24-25) as our community is central to enabling everyone to thrive and achieve their God given potential.
If you are dedicated to creating a learning environment where pupils flourish and if you feel that you can inspire and empower the future leaders and change makers of the world, then we’d love to hear from you.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 16th January 2023
Northumberland Church of England Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Supporting documentsApplication Form
Other Supporting Documents:Job Description & Person Specification Equal Opportunities Form Equality & Diversity Statement Recruitment & Selection Policy
Warkworth Primary School
NCEA Warkworth C of E Primary School is a Church of England aided provider of early years and primary education for pupils aged 2-11. Based in the picturesque Northumbrian village of Warkworth, our school operates as part of the Northumberland Church of England Academy Trust (NCEAT) and also part of the Newcastle and Durham Diocese.
Our school plays a central role in the local community and our shared vision, which leads everything we do in school, really is for everyone, from our pupils and their families, to our staff and parishioners – We really do # Strive together as one (Philippians 1:27).Visit School Website